Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChickieMama23

Hatching
Jul 2, 2023
Hi everyone!

This is Wiley.
I’m not sure if she/he is a hen or a rooster.

Wiley is about 17 weeks old and was supposed to be a hen, but my husband thinks we have a rooster. It wouldn’t be a problem is she or he is, but I’m just curious since we have 6 Light Brahmas where one turned out to be a rooster who are 3 weeks older than this younger set of 6 mixed ones. Our 20 week Brahma was VERY obviously different than his sisters from about 3 or 4 weeks old. He started crowing CONSTANTLY about 5 or 6 weeks ago, is more aggressive than the hens and is constantly trying to breed them. My husband hasn’t started to suspect Wiley of being a rooster until about 8 or so weeks ago. Just going off of looks, I think maybe? But she/he didn’t act any different then the other hens other than being a bit harder to catch and a like more wild (hence, Wiley), has never crowed, or showed any interest in the hens. I guess it could be because our obvious rooster is so dominant but I’m really not sure? IMG_0665.jpeg
Ps. Sorry about all the pronouns, I just can’t bring myself to call an animal I care about “it”.

Back
Top Bottom