Spiders and snakes (don't come if your paranoid of them, because there are pics) Come over Redhen!

Nearly every corner of my house has a spider living in it. I can't bring myself to harm them. I am real careful when I dust and vacuum. I don't know what species they are but there seem to be two or three different kinds. The most numerous kind is really lovely, with a long, slender body and loooooong delicate slender legs, almost like a daddy longlegs. It's so graceful looking. That species seems to be doing very well in my house, as they eat the little fruitflies and other small insects that get in. Our climate is too cool for geckos, so having spiders is the next best thing for bug control indoors.
smile.png

I love snakes too. Black racers are AMAZING. I will never forget the time I was riding my horse through an area where there were many young aspen saplings, and all of a sudden, a huge BR (6') came speeding across the ground and zipped up the trunk of one of the aspens. It was like a corkscrew winding up the tree. Ziiiip! And it was up top of a 15 foot sapling!

Last edited:
So I was catching grasshoppers with a net, then I looked at my net to see if I caught any, but instead, there was a black widow spider, two red spots on the bottom, and three on the top.

We had a LOVELY Yellow orb spider last year near the house, and another in/near my tomatoes!!
I took pics but don't know where I put them.
Can't wait till this year. We saw a lovely brown (either probably a recluse or widow) in our big window. I will put her in a paper towel tube when it gets warmer and put her
outside..
Our entire basement is a GIANT set of webs.. usually daddy long legs...
But I feel the need to post a picture of an arachnid and of a snake... Mine

La Santa my mexican red knee

Monte Negra- my mexican black king snake

We had a LOVELY Yellow orb spider last year near the house, and another in/near my tomatoes!!
I took pics but don't know where I put them.
Can't wait till this year. We saw a lovely brown (either probably a recluse or widow) in our big window. I will put her in a paper towel tube when it gets warmer and put her
outside..
Our entire basement is a GIANT set of webs.. usually daddy long legs...
But I feel the need to post a picture of an arachnid and of a snake... Mine

La Santa my mexican red knee

Monte Negra- my mexican black king snake

King snakes are my favorite snakes. Next to that are ball pythons.
Jumping spiders are my favorite spiders. I encourage them in my house. People whoa re afraid of spiders refuse to go into my house because I usually have several jumpers crawling around on the ceiling. After the jumpers I like the golden garden spider. I tend to catch those and release them in my garden to catch pests.

I love snakes, but I have to admit, I am not a spider fan. I let some live in my house because they do eat flies, but I do not get close. We had tons of spiders at the house we moved out of about a month ago, there were some big brown wolf spiders which I was glad stayed outside. I am more of a ladybug person myself, and they eat bugs I don't like also.

Snake are my buddies. My husband is not a fan of them, but I love reptiles!

Back
Top Bottom