Splash Silkie Pictures

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
I know I post pictures all the time. But it was a nice day, and my camera was just calling my name. lol

It was really hot outside, so they were panting, and they are not cleaned up. But they are still lovely birds.

I still haven't gotten good pictures that capture their real beauty, their crests are huge. Soon I have to try getting pictures while they free range in the yard. It's hard to get pictures in their little silkie coop. Seeing as the roof is only 3ft. lol

birdk.jpg

Here is my Light Splash pullet. Not laying yet. She has to be 4-5 months old I would think. Not full grown. I still think she has the lav gene.

bird2c.jpg

bird3r.jpg

Blue Rooster. The breeder told me he is suppose to be a lav split.

bird4.jpg

bird5t.jpg

What a big head, and nice feathered feet.

bird6a.jpg

My favorite hen.

bird7.jpg

So cute.

bird8.jpg

So soft.

Thought I would add in apretty lilly picture I took today.
bird9.jpg

3 of their eggs were due to hatch yesterday. I candled them and two were unfertile, and one died early on.

I guess I'm going to have to trim some fluff. I can't wait to hatch babies out from them.

At the time I only have Splash and Blue.

But I have a blue pullet that is 4-5 months old. So hoping to get some blacks from her. I personally think the blacks are ugly. Blues too.... But breeding splash to splash isn't the best. So I use a blue rooster on Splash hens.

I have a lav chick, and 4 little blues growing up. I will pick the best blue or two and keep. And I will either put the lav in there also, or make another pen and get me some blacks.

I also have whites. But I don't dare take pictures of them right now. lol They have been broody for months, and they look so awful at this moment. haha

Back
Top Bottom