Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
How precious, hopefully your Wyandotte will pull through
Thanks! So far, she is incredibly listless. I may separate her, but then I worry about her staying warm. About every 20 mins I put her to the water and she drinks a bit. She then slogs back over under the heat lap with and puts herself in the middle of other chicks. Some of them were really pecking at her a lot, but now they seem to be settling down on pecking and sitting on her. I will start them all on electrolytes today as well, so maybe that will help. The others are eating at the trough and drinking so much water! It's great!

Sorry about the red pic but I don't want them getting cold just to have a pic the right color just yet! All 19 (9 layers and 10 meaties) arrived safely! We brought them him and gave each a drop of nutri drench (btw that's messy when your skills are rusty!) and showed them their food and water. Don't worry I've already moved the water closer to the lamp and they're warming up now. My heating pad will be here Friday to try the MHP.

Another chicken noob here! On Saturday we brought home six chicks--2 Easter eggers, 2 cuckoo Marans, and 2 black Australorps. My kids are smitten. :) And I am too. I didn't know that it was possible that week-old chicks could have such personalities. Our little flock already has a daredevil, a little pig who is always the first to the food, and a sweet little girl who likes to perch on my hand.

Another chicken noob here! On Saturday we brought home six chicks--2 Easter eggers, 2 cuckoo Marans, and 2 black Australorps. My kids are smitten. :) And I am too. I didn't know that it was possible that week-old chicks could have such personalities. Our little flock already has a daredevil, a little pig who is always the first to the food, and a sweet little girl who likes to perch on my hand. 

Ooh lovely choices, and we are totally smitten as well! We purchased one polish chick and we named her Becky (from Finding Dory) and she is totally living up to her name lol! She keeps trying to eat the feathers on one of the other chipmunk colored chicks (so many are alike right now!) instead of the food. :p

Can't Stand It!!!! All of these new chicks arriving and we are STILL waiting! 3 weeks to go. Coop and run moving along, wife says like a glacier, sniff! Floor today then siding. Run panels mostly complete. Talked to a friend that told me horror stories of raccoon attacks, pulling out staples from chicken wire!!!! Buying a pellet pistol today, gas powered & multiple shots. TBC, BB

Barred rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Black Australorp
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Barnevelder
Easter Egger
Buff Orpington
New Hamshire Red
Meyer Meal Maker

Thanks! So far, she is incredibly listless. I may separate her, but then I worry about her staying warm. About every 20 mins I put her to the water and she drinks a bit. She then slogs back over under the heat lap with and puts herself in the middle of other chicks. Some of them were really pecking at her a lot, but now they seem to be settling down on pecking and sitting on her. I will start them all on electrolytes today as well, so maybe that will help. The others are eating at the trough and drinking so much water! It's great!

Electrolytes and ACV are the best, if you aren't I'd give both.

Can't Stand It!!!!  All of these new chicks arriving and we are STILL waiting!  3 weeks to go.  Coop and run moving along, wife says like a glacier, sniff!  Floor today then siding.  Run panels mostly complete.  Talked to a friend that told me horror stories of raccoon attacks, pulling out staples from chicken wire!!!!  Buying a pellet pistol today, gas powered & multiple shots.  TBC, BB

Barred rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Black Australorp
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Barnevelder
Easter Egger
Buff Orpington
New Hamshire Red
Meyer Meal Maker

I still have 68 days to wait until I get my little ladies
1f62d.png

Personally I think chicks have more of talkative silliness too them, then they get older and sassy as all get out. Or at least that's what mine are like.
1f602.png
either way they are a joy to have and it's soooo much fun to watch each individual chick grow and become who they're gonna be.

Last edited:
Can't Stand It!!!!  All of these new chicks arriving and we are STILL waiting!  3 weeks to go.  Coop and run moving along, wife says like a glacier, sniff!  Floor today then siding.  Run panels mostly complete.  Talked to a friend that told me horror stories of raccoon attacks, pulling out staples from chicken wire!!!!  Buying a pellet pistol today, gas powered & multiple shots.  TBC, BB

Barred rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Black Australorp
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Barnevelder
Easter Egger
Buff Orpington
New Hamshire Red
Meyer Meal Maker

I still have 6 weeks from today!

Back
Top Bottom