Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
They arrived at 6am this morning! One chick - I think the cubalaya - seems a bit puny, but hopefully, she'll make it. Ideal included 6 large male chicks for heat, and I think they are cochins due to their size and feathered feetsies. We're going to let them grow out a little bit, I think, just to make sure none are female, which we'd keep. What do you guys do with the extra males?

Here's a couple of pics of them cozy in their brooder. :) They were more than happy to eat and drink!

Yeah Aerie! So cute
love.gif

As for the males, well, we'll be adding ours to the freezer
roll.png

So cute! Thank you for posting the pics! Makes us all super excited while we wait for our own chicks. Good luck and keep the pictures coming and dont be afraid to let us hear about your adventure raising chicks. We are mostly all newbies on this thread and want to learn.
@AerieChickens

Last edited:
Not quite a first timer but, it has been about 5 years since I've had chickens. So it's like starting over.
16 chicks arrived this morning. So excited. Set up an MHP brooder. Everything is looking good.
They were scheduled to arrive tomorrow. First time I've had 2day shipping in 1day. Better for the chicks. Took the day off work. Keep checking in on them. So cute.

Not quite a first timer but, it has been about 5 years since I've had chickens. So it's like starting over.
16 chicks arrived this morning. So excited. Set up an MHP brooder. Everything is looking good.
They were scheduled to arrive tomorrow. First time I've had 2day shipping in 1day. Better for the chicks. Took the day off work. Keep checking in on them. So cute.

Awesome! What breed(s)?

They arrived at 6am this morning!  One chick - I think the cubalaya - seems a bit puny, but hopefully, she'll make it.  Ideal included 6 large male chicks for heat, and I think they are cochins due to their size and feathered feetsies.  We're going to let them grow out a little bit, I think, just to make sure none are female, which we'd keep.  What do you guys do with the extra males?

We invite them to dinner.

Has anyone heard anything about purely poultry?

They are a reseller for both Cackle and Meyer.

Back
Top Bottom