Spring Slide Show

Cute babies!
big_smile.png

Hawk is my Service Dog. My daughter brought her up here when she was 6 weeks old. Along with teaching her tasks to help me - she's also become guardian of my birds. When I have eggs due to hatch in the incubator, she'll hear them peeping before I do, come and poke me -then point at the incubator. While the babies are growing in the brooder cage here in my house, she lays for long periods just watching them do their "chickie" things. When I get them outside for day-trips, she'll lay there and let them walk all over her paws and peck at her chest-hairs and lips. She alerts me when there's alarm calls coming from the grown birds outside, has run off the neighbor's dogs quite a few times, and has chased a hawk (raptor) off of one of them earlier this year.
She helps me get dressed in the mornings, picks things up and hands me things that I drop, with her harness she helps me to keep my balance, and hauls me in a wheelchair when I go shopping.

2 of the white hens are showing the penciled pattern now.
I got some of these babies up for sale in B-S-T section. Gotta come gettem cause I can't ship.
My brooder cage is getting crowded cause they're growing so fast - but they aren't big enough to incorporate into the adult flock yet.
Come on, folks! Somebody's gotta want a few of these cuties!

Back
Top Bottom