spring time

dday6342

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2023
spring is just around the corner stupid question but when should i take down the plastic thats wrapped around my chicken run from winter weather im in tennessee so spring we get a lot of rain so dont want to take it down to early

With the way the weather this year has been so unpredictable, I'd hate to even say, but we're in Wisconsin and know the weather is turning better, although tonight we have an advisory for 2-4" of snow. I guess I'd check your extended forecast and see what it's heading to look like there.

You might also try asking in your state thread and see if anyone there has suggestions.

With the way the weather this year has been so unpredictable, I'd hate to even say, but we're in Wisconsin and know the weather is turning better, although tonight we have an advisory for 2-4" of snow. I guess I'd check your extended forecast and see what it's heading to look like there.

You might also try asking in your state thread and see if anyone there has suggestions.
thank you will do

thank you will do
Funny, I'm in Georgia and logged in to ask the same thing. It's gonna be 70 here today. I know March can be dicey with severe weather but I think days of 10 degrees are over. My last frost date is April 15th, I may take down one section to get more air flow, but I just don't know. Have a great day!

spring is just around the corner stupid question but when should i take down the plastic thats wrapped around my chicken run from winter weather im in tennessee so spring we get a lot of rain so dont want to take it down to early

We are in central NJ, we don't take the plastic sheeting down of our covered run till after April 15. And we take one side at a time to provide enough airflow but still provide enough wind protection. In our first two years, we would take all the sides down for the summer. Now we leave one panel permanently up since that's the windy side. Three sides open seem enough to keep the run cool with good airflow.

Back
Top Bottom