SQ Egg Swap chat thread

Quote:
Are these from Josh?

yup, they sure are. Only 2 of the 5 eggs were fertile but I'm so excited!! We have one Brown Chinese gander right now and we adore him!!

I will pass that on to Josh. I traded him the geese for his Black Orpingtons. He got them from Elias Watson. Sure do like the Orps. Sort of miss the geese. He won Champion Goose and Reserve Champion Goose at the Arkansas Spring Livestock Show.

Will have a talk with Mr. Terry Gander the next time I see him about that fertility issue. I am a bit surprised that you did not get more fertile eggs. Maybe it was a shipping issue. With only one goose, he should be doing his job better.

Quote:
Medicated Chick Starter is $12.00 for 50 pound bag.
Layer is $10.95 for a 50 pound bag.
Gamerbird Feed is $12.00 for a 50 pound bag.

Feed is going to get very high soon...
hmm.png

Wow, you get those prices in Illinois?

I wish Gamebird feed was $12.00 here! The medicated stuff is $20 a bag and the regular is $18. Of course, we don't have any chain stores, just the local feed store. I may have to start shopping ahead in Little Rock.

Down here I buy FRM Don't know how much a bag But just got this weeks feed which was
2 Bags of Layer Crumbles
2 bags of Layer Pellets
2 bags of sweet feed (For Ducks since its only $6.25 a bag)
1 bag of chick starter
ended up costing
$75 for all

Quote:
Medicated Chick Starter is $12.00 for 50 pound bag.
Layer is $10.95 for a 50 pound bag.
Gamerbird Feed is $12.00 for a 50 pound bag.

Feed is going to get very high soon...
hmm.png

Wow, you get those prices in Illinois?

Yep!
big_smile.png

I'm quite suprised by how much everyone else is spending on feed...

I get mine from local place that makes their own

Laying pellets 50# $9.95

growing meal 50# 10.50

Laying meal 50# 10.50

Chick starter meal 50# 11.00

Last month all the prices were $1.00 less

Quote:
You mean to tell me last month you got layer for $8.95?!?! I'm packing up now............. I'm headed to UTAH

Yep
smile.png
I got lucky I was paying $17.00 for layer mash at a chain store IFA couple months ago.

Had this lady call about getting some dark egg layers and she told me about this place that sure helps with the feed bill
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom