Squatting when I pet them. What does that mean?

Quote:
My husband thinks I'm nuts too. Little does he know that he's the nuts one for staying married to me so long!
big_smile.png
It'll be ten years in October.

Of my six I have two Rhodies that are really maturing. They are 17 weeks old and their comb/wattles are in full and red. Since they came in I have noticed them becoming much more friendly. One of them just comes and stands by me and tonight she sat on my lap for about ten minutes and preened herself. I think she was trying to be sexy! LOL. She never used to do this stuff. She was very skittish. It's cute. No squats yet though. I've heard of some people who will give their girls a pat on the bum when they do the squat and they will happily walk off. Apparently when a roo mates a hen (other than his pecking her back etc.) there is little more than a bump of their cloacas. When I was a teenager we used to call it 'bumping uglies'!

Last edited:
My girls do it,too. It makes them easier to get a hold of but I always feel a little bad.......that they think I'm a rooster! Wilma, my EE is having none of it.....she takes off no matter what and the only way to get her is food bribery and that doesn't always work, either. You go, girl!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom