Stacey's Gump Bread-Truly the Easiest Bread to Make...

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Some of you remember gumpsgirl, Stacey Clay, who contributed her super easy homemade bread recipe to our first cookbook. I've started making it again recently. It is so easy and good and you can change it up with no trouble at all.

Admittedly, I don't take the time to make mine as pretty as they could be with the diagonal slices and perfect shape, but here are two loaves cooling, one normal and one with cinnamon and brown sugar inside. I've also done a garlic herb type in the past. It makes the absolute BEST french toast, too! If you haven't tried her recipe, please do. Takes 2 packets of yeast *either type works*, bread flour, salt, a tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 c. veg oil. Makes two loaves, roll out rectangles and roll up like you are making cinnamon rolls. Easy peasy. I do use the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer because of my carpal tunnel, but you don't have to. I have a bread machine, but this is almost as easy. After mixing the yeast into the flour, it's 25 minutes to rise, punch down, make your loaves, 25 minutes for those to rise, then bake for 25 minutes, easy to remember instructions.

Back
Top Bottom