Stall Dry, my new best friend...

has anyone experienced stall dry freaking their chickens out? the first time i tried it, i put it on their poop trays (under their roosting poles) and NO ONE went on the pole that night or the next. the second time i tried it, it happened again. maybe i'm using it too much? i was using it in place of shavings. should i just be sprinkling it in their shavings?

like the idea of trying it with my goats. anything to keep flies at bay.

Quote:
i think the chickens just freak at most changes. I remember reading that they do not like change. I just changed my coop floor from shavings to sand a couple of days ago and they acted like I had covered the floor with poison!! They are all adjusted now. Then I put an electric fan in the end of the coop and they were all still outside after the auto door had shut. I shooed them all in and today they are just fine with it. So, I think your chickens will adapt after a short period of time.

Is this DE you are talking about the same DE I'm putting in the pool filter??? If so, how can it be okay to put in the coops when they warn severely about not ingesting any of the dust?? I'm VERY confused. Help!?!

Fleet farm also carries stall dry. 9.95 a bag. Im in minneapolis. This stuff really rocks. No smell in the coop and the flies are almost gone.

Back
Top Bottom