Standard Old English Games

Pics
any ideas what color this could be... I'm not sure how but this came from a Crele and a black breasted red .. It's a bantam?

Been searching high and low for someone that has some stock for OEG standard fowl for my son's 2016 4H project plus to raise at home her in CO. We want to acquire them the end of the summer/fall once we have culled a good chunk of our existing flock and would love any leads. I have sent out quite a few PM's joined some other forums and made calls but have not found any yet so thought I would post here as well. We are flexible on color but really love the black breasted reds. Dad is really excited this is the bird he picked for project since it is the breed I have always wanted. Thanks, Travis.

Hi , Ive been an old English fan for ages ... I have but for some reason they are not very prolific birds the hen broods two times a year and has only produced two stags ... she has a flock now which looks like there are a few males..

[email protected]

Reviving this thread!

Again, resounding what others have posted below in the last 5 years, does ANYONE know of a Standard LF Old English Gamefowl breeder in the US?

Not talking American Game.

Not talking OEG Bantams.

I am talking showable, APA standard OEG Large Fowl. I saw 2 at local show. TWO. They were black.

I have 2 hens. I used to have 2 cocks too, but one got eaten by an owl, the other I gave away because my dogs would not leave him alone (he was free range). One hen is red brown, the other is ginger red (daughter). The cocks were crele. I'm interested in ANY red derived color (crele, red brown, bbr, ginger red, etc.). Hens are great but I am looking for a cock to breed the two hens I have.

Thanks

Hoping someone is still following.
Looking for Silver Duckwing Standard Old English Game hens.
Private Message me is you raise them or can give me a heads up where th find them besides Cackle Hatchery

You are indeed correct that there are very few that show Standard Old English anymore and there are still less that breed them. It is a situation that I would love to see reversed.

I think Larry did a fine newsletter, but then his job just took over (which I understand). I would be glad to do it myself, but between family, work, farm and SPPA, I just do not have the time.

I got a flock of BBR OEGs from Cackle Hatchery last summer. I had a hen hatch out a clutch today. This is a breed of bird I really like. Where I live silkies are a sought after bird for the broodiness. These birds here I think are a better choice because they hatch out more per clutch. I chose them for the free range ability and for their broody/mother skills. Hearing those chicks chirping this morning was right on, man. I have since ordered some Buckeyes from an old bloodline. I also put in an order for some RIRs from Dick Horstman. Never thought I'd be trying my hand at breeding chickens. If I like it I'll have to see where it goes. These are cool birds though.

Last edited:
I am ressurecting this old thread in hopes of seeing if there are other standard Old English breeders here on byc. My husband and I have bred American Games for many years and it was not until this year that I aquired some good show quality Old English stock. I have 2 trios of bb red and one Silver Duckwing trio. I plan on working on a line of Golden Duckwings also by crossing the two in the future. I am excited to hopefully enter some of the offspring from my birds in some shows this fall. :)

This pair of BB Reds is molting but they are very nice when in full feather.

20180527_113548.jpg
20180527_113555.jpg

BB Red hen and her chicks

20180527_113651.jpg

Silver Duckwing trio (one of the hens was broody and we are breaking her up to get her laying again so that is why she is puffed up)

20180527_113443.jpg
20180527_113522.jpg

More BB Reds

20180304_143051.jpg

Owing to rarity of show quality Old English Games, consider breeding in part from American Games to select for qualities typical of the former. Process would be facilitated by having some Old English Games to use as part of the mix.

Back
Top Bottom