Start Laying

Team01

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
Hello: Have a question. I have the following breeds of chicken would like to know when they should start to lay. Here is a list of the breeds I have.
Black Australorp - Rhode Inland Blue - Black Sex Link - Production Blue - Speckled Sussex - Golden Comet

Any information on this would be a great help. They have food 24/7 fresh water flock block They also have at least 17 hours of light

It's usually 22-30 weeks before they lay. The RIB, BSL and GC may lay earlier than the others. I'm not sure that having 17 hours of light is needed. Young pullets usually don't need it, and 14 hours is enough for older ones.
my mistake on the hours of light . They have a light that comes on at 530am and goes off at 7pm

my mistake on the hours of light . They have a light that comes on at 530am and goes off at 7pm
That's better. They do need a good night of darkness to reset there bodily cycles every day. When these girls will lay is somewhat unpredictable, but I suspect that the hybrid types will start up sooner and lay through the winter. The purebreds may start next spring.

Back
Top Bottom