Starting about 18 BCM eggs tonight. March 24th /25th hatch

Quote:
From my count lockdown is the 27th and hatchday is the 30th. Yesterday to today would be day 1.

Quote:
I think you're one day short. I'm still learning, but my understanding is that hatch day should be on the same day of the week as the day you set them. So I believe that day 21 is on March 26th for you. Day 1 is the day after you set them.

Hope this helps!

well how is every ones eggs doing? I am sure most of you with the lighter eggs have candled by now. I am going to try to do a candle my eggs tonight. I have a very bright light i want to try out. I have a lot of faith in my eggs but really worried about the shipped eggs. One corner of the box was kind of crushed, all the eggs were good with none broke. But i am willing to bet we have a lot of damaged air sacks. If i get at least 1 or 2 healthy roosters out of them i will be happy..

I have no white eggs, only brown or dark brown and out of 24...so far only 15 show lots of movement as of yesterday's candling - I bought a energizer 60 lumen head flashlight that is just so awesome now that I figured out how to work it...I'm officially on day 10 and like you very excited..as long as I get a hen or two I'll be fine and very happy since I have a small backyard and don't intend to keep a lot anyway...let us know how your candling goes...

oh, correction...i stuck my dove's egg in the incubator and that egg is white and developing nicely...very easy to see through, i can candle in broad daylight and can still see right through the egg....

what day is lock down for those of us hatching together on this thread??

Quote:

Daniellenoel,
I am with you; I put mine in on 03/09 at 5:30 PM. I have 12 Barnevelder eggs that were shipped to me. I attempted to candle 2 on Saturday just to see what it looked like, and it looked like yolk floating around. So yesterday (Monday 03/14) I did it again and almost all appear to have a dark mass in them. Does not look like the yolk thing I saw on Saturday. However, they are dark brown so it is REALLY hard to see. This is my first time as an adult to do this.

I have all brown, olive, and blue eggs, with 3 small white OEGB eggs. None of the OEGB are developing. But saw an embryo move last night!! It was so cool. Out of 46 I could see veining in about 7 eggs, the resy were just too dark. I'm insanely impatient and excited.

on the 9th of march put 24 assorted silkies eggs in the incubator. should hatch on 31st of march. I cant wait. I have always wanted silkies but had to wait to get a house with land . all your dreams do come true.

OK so i started with a total of 19 eggs. I candled them using a 1,000,000 candle power spot light. I had 6 eggs from the 10 bought eggs that showed dark mass in them and 1 was kind of a question. so i saved a total of 7 of the bought eggs. Then out of the 9 eggs from my hens i saved 7 eggs. I then cracked open the 5 eggs to find 4 that never started and 1 looked like it started and died at maybe a week. I think i will candle again at day 18.

I will also add with this spot light i do not leave the eggs on more than a couple seconds it is bright and puts out a good amount of heat.. and i do not want to fry any chicks.

Also the bought eggs do have damaged air sacks. I am still incubating with fat ends up to try and help with the air sack issue. I will also try to let them hatch big end up.

My incubator is holding steady temp At about 99.5 and humidity is right now at 45% with both trays full. I will let them dry up and bring humidity back down to 20% and let it rest there a couple days before i add more water.

keeping my fingers crossed for a decent hatch.

Some of my eggs have weird air cells, but last time I had broken air cells and hatched half in cartons with big end up, and half on their sides and none of the eggs in the carton hatched and five on their sides did and one died while pipping. So this time, I'll do the floor. I think its because the heat is hotter with eggs in the carton since they're closer to the heat source but I wasn't sure.

I candled tonight and now I only have 9 viable eggs left...my temp is 99 and humidity is 44%...going to bring up humidity up to 65% on day 18 - take out the turner and place my eggs on their side. - plug in one of the red air vents and resist the temptation to open the bator for the next 5 days - on day 20 I'm going to place the other air vent plug and hope for the best. I have a LG Still Air (yes, I know - the worse!!-getting a Brinsea for the next hatch)

This is my first time hatch and I've jotted down a lot of information I can use for my next hatch...next time I need to pay more attention to the air cell.

Back
Top Bottom