Starting about 18 BCM eggs tonight. March 24th /25th hatch

My lockdown is on Tuesday.... I will be at work then they are hatching.... No fingers in the bator for me.
hmm.png

Tonight is the second time i have candled the eggs. Out of the 10 bought eggs i am down to 4 eggs left in the incubator. Out of those 4 only one looks like it has a good air cell but all 4 have chicks growing in them. Out of my original 9 eggs from my hens i am down to 6 eggs, all six have nice air cells and solid black mass in the shell. I will let you know how this hatch turns out.

I go into lockdown on tuesday as well, I've been hesitant to toss any of the dark eggs, but it became pretty obvious in some of them, so I cracked open 6 last night and all the yolks were broken. There are about 4 more with yolks Im pretty sure are scrambled too.
sad.png

Quote:
That stinks. Do you have more than those 4 left in the incubator? Any of your own? I have to admit... I'm too squeamish to crack open eggs in fear that I'll see something I don't want to. So I never know why it is that my eggs don't develop or stop developing. Perhaps someday I'll get over it and start trying to figure it out.

My eggs went into lockdown this morning before I left for work! I forgot to candle last night, so the 15 that made it through day 11 are all in lockdown. I'm hoping that maybe there will be some rocking and peeping action when I get home from work today! They're due to hatch on Thursday and that seems like forever away right now...

I hate the final candling by then its obvious which eggs are bad. Its kind of like i knew they were bad last time i candled but was holding hope they would catch up to the other eggs, but at day 18 its set in stone and you know you have to toss them. with the shipped eggs i know every time i toss a egg I'm throwing out $7.50 and my future rooster lol. but i guess that's the name of the game with shipped eggs. I also often wonder if it is the post office rough handling of the package or the high altitude of the airplane they fly on that makes the air call detach.

Quote:
That stinks. Do you have more than those 4 left in the incubator? Any of your own? I have to admit... I'm too squeamish to crack open eggs in fear that I'll see something I don't want to. So I never know why it is that my eggs don't develop or stop developing. Perhaps someday I'll get over it and start trying to figure it out.

My eggs went into lockdown this morning before I left for work! I forgot to candle last night, so the 15 that made it through day 11 are all in lockdown. I'm hoping that maybe there will be some rocking and peeping action when I get home from work today! They're due to hatch on Thursday and that seems like forever away right now...

I had about 23 from CDennis in Idaho, she sent me them the cost shipping only, and I bought 23 from someone on BYC in Tennesse and Im in CT. So I figured the eggs from Idaho might not make it, but most of them appear to be developing fine (they kinda dark) and almost all the scrambled yolks come from the ones I paid for! Go figure. But theres still a lot of dark eggs, so maybe some of those ones will hatch. I really hope so.

Definitely let us know if you get any action today!! I'm excited for you.

I am way to excited for lock down tomorrow. I have my brooder up and running so I can get the lamp to the right height. Setting up everything I need for the humidity. Which I am finding my hot air humidifier hear the bator helps a ton. I am using an LG. Just propped the bottom up a bit with a pair of pliers so the steam can get underneath the bator and my humidity is nice and steady.

I am worried about it because I will be at work when they are hatching. Keeps my hands out of the bator that is for sure.
smile.png

Quote:
I'll be at work too, but it's probably all for the best so we're not tempted to interfere where we're not needed. I just got home today and there's no rocking/peeping yet. I guess it is a bit early though. Maybe tomorrow!

for those entering lockdown, what are you keeping your humidity at?? - how exciting..first nothing was happening but now there's so much activity from those locking down!!

Day 19 and still nothing exciting happening. But I guess that's a good thing since I wouldn't want them to hatch early. I have my humidity at 60% in lockdown. I know that's not what everybody advises, but it worked well for me last hatch so I figured I would stick with it.

John, I think you're the only one who went into lockdown ahead of me. Any signs of life in your bator yet?

Back
Top Bottom