Starting about 18 BCM eggs tonight. March 24th /25th hatch

wee.gif
congrats! See...now it just gets worse.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Thats funny because when I walk down the stairs they squeak but sound like peeping, and I never noticed til 2 days ago and I thought it was the chicks. LOL I ran downstairs so fast to see and it sounded like the chicks were peeping like crazy.

Phew I'm glad I'm not the only one "hearing" things. I will head home in about an hour to check on them and let the dogs out.

fl.gif
I hope they are okay. Had nothing new going on this am when I left for work. It is going to kill me if one is doing something and I HAVE to come back to work. Can't I just shut down 911 for the night if that happens? I mean its not really all that important is it?
gig.gif

Haha, the way my lab licks sounds like chirping, so I'm constantly running over to the bator, only to find out that it's him.

By the time I got home from work I was up to 4 chicks! But as far as I can tell there's just a single pip. So it doesn't seem like there's going to be a lot more action for a bit.

One of the interesting things is that I seem to have a pure buff chick. Our buff rooster recently got sick and we had to cull him, and we only have 3 buff hens and he was the Jr. rooster and didn't get much action. So I definitely wasn't expecting a buff chick. I have my fingers crossed that it will be a "him" so he can replace his Daddy.

My count is now 3 of my bought eggs out of 10 and 1 of my own eggs out of 5. And the 1 pip I can see is in one of mine.

Here's a photo of a couple in the bator:
56784_img_0960.jpg

Im up to 5 chicks total. still got another pip or 2. I hate the waiting game. I really wish chicken chicks hatched like my quail do.

Ok, I couldn't resist another picture. Here's another one with my buff (doesn't he look like a buff???) and a blue (yes blue!!! One of the 2 blues I left in the bator hatched!) I was expecting all BLRW and instead so far I have 2 BLRW, 1 buff and 1 blue. Yay!

56784_img_0962.jpg

oh how cute!! hey, is that an egg carton you have in their or a turner?? i thought we had to lay them on their side?

Quote:

They look sooo cute. I have 4 total out right now, 2 jersey giants, 1 lavender ameracauna, and rhode island red I think. I'm having stress because of these guys. I decided to help the one that pipped in the small end and looked really dry...boy was the membrane dry. It completely separated from the egg shell so the shell starting coming right off. But the membrane started to bleed. I didn't take the whole shell off, just a bit. I wrapped it back up and put it back in the bator. Then the other one that I was worried about because it pipped yesterday too and didn't progress, started to progress after the egg next to it hatched and rolled it a bit. Then I go check and there is blood soaking the membrane and all over the egg. The first chick to hatch was pecking incessantly at the hole and the little chick. I'm trying to find out what to do next.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom