Starting about 18 BCM eggs tonight. March 24th /25th hatch

Your chicks will be fine in the incubator. I leave my chicks in the incubator for the first 24 hours or so. it gives them good time to dry and fluff up and i also think the hatched chicks help to stimulate the other chicks to get busy and hatch.

Ok out of the 19 eggs i have a total of 7 chicks. 2 from the bought eggs and 5 from my girls = 36.8% hatch rate it is not my best, but sure beats my worst at 0%.

After we are all done hatching i think we should do a follow up with hatch rates. the average temp and humidity you incubated your eggs at and how many days.

3 out and one more pip.
celebrate.gif

Great idea - since I'm such a glutton for punishment and now totally hooked on hatching - that would be some great info to have.

Way to go Emmalion!! congrats!!
big_smile.png

Quote:

My hatch rate is 35%...not great either but good. All of them are EE, Jersey Giant mix, one splash ameracauana OE, mix, and couple maybe OE/EE, and 1 lav ameracauna. I'm tempted to float test the rest of my eggs since they wiggled the past 2 days, but did nothing so far. But..today is day 21, its probably best to just wait it out. I missed out on the silkies I wanted to buy on Ebay, because I fell asleep.
sad.png

Wow, so much action while I was in meetings all afternoon!!! Congrats to everybody on their chicks!
celebrate.gif

When I got home from work I had one more chick (another buff! Where are these coming from???). So now I'm up to 6 chicks. 4 bought and 2 of mine. And I have a new pip in another one of the bought eggs. There are still 8 eggs that haven't pipped yet as far as I can see.

This is a really drawn out hatch. My first pip was on Tuesday and it seems like they keep hatching and pipping just one at a time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have more pips or chicks hatch over night tonight. We'll see! I'll definitely leave them over the weekend to give everybody their fair chance.

well my new tally out of my remaining 7 - only 3 hatched...the other 4 were fully formed pipped but died and i don't know why cuz they were fully formed...the last one hatched though doesn't look so great so I'm not sure if it's going to survive.

I'm bummed but a glutton for punishment because I'm on my way to the post office bright and early tomorrow morning to send off a money order for another set of eggs - Ameracauna and Welsummer.

does the humidity in the room where the incubator is play a part in hatching success? i don't know what my room humidity is (i live in missouri) and whether I should get a humidifier...

We're all gluttons for punishment I think! Are you guys gonna participate in the easter hatch? I got shamo eggs on the way, hoping to get silkies and gonna buy some local barnyard mix eggs. Probably anyway. No pips or nothing from my last eggs.

Back
Top Bottom