starving duck help

I did ask for the other two ducks, she was very strong on keeping them. The county doesn't look at geese and ducks as farm animals as possible normal wild animals living on farms. I will not enter someones fenced property and take animals. I am not willing to go to jail for trespassing. Update Lucky duck is doing very well, his good foot is totally free of black spots
smile.png
. his swollen foot has come down but still causes issues. He doesn't do much during the day but lay. Looks forward to his nightly bath then stands on both feet grooming him self. I was wondering and adding niacin to his water along with already added oxytetrcyclihn and vitamins and electrolytes, is this the best way or crush it and blend in some water and feed in mouth? If okay what mg percentage.

The same people who moved and left the ducks also left rabbits. Tonight. we are hitting 11degrees . I found a rabbit on my property. I am picking up a cage to catch it, so I guess if any ducks enter my property
smile.png

I could try to catch them as well. Wish me luck.
Good Luck!!!

After his bath, grooming and is using both legs
He is looking so much better!
Kathy (@casportpony ) would know better about his leg

Last edited:
The swelling in the leg looks like it's at a joint, but impossible to know what it's from, or if it's treatable. A vet would be the best option for this duck.

-Kathy

update. OMG, I weighed him three times to be-sure. he is at 6lbs. I just couldn't believe it. His leg is also doing much better. When touching not as warm almost normal temp as other leg. I do have a new problem. He has developed a sore above where their tail feather curls up for boys. I took a picture. Hopefully not mites, YIKES. I also noticed a lot of small feathers coming off of him at bath time. I do have him in a 75 degree room which is a different environment that he was in. Since I am not familiar with ducks. What should a normal healthy duck weigh, also is there a breed name for him? I also have to mention every-time he sees me he wags his tail so fast like a little puppy. I just love how loving they are compared to chickens.

update. OMG, I weighed him three times to be-sure. he is at 6lbs. I just couldn't believe it. His leg is also doing much better. When touching not as warm almost normal temp as other leg. I do have a new problem. He has developed a sore above where their tail feather curls up for boys. I took a picture. Hopefully not mites, YIKES. I also noticed a lot of small feathers coming off of him at bath time. I do have him in a 75 degree room which is a different environment that he was in. Since I am not familiar with ducks. What should a normal healthy duck weigh, also is there a breed name for him? I also have to mention every-time he sees me he wags his tail so fast like a little puppy. I just love how loving they are compared to chickens.
Amazing!!!! :celebrate :highfive: I think the 'sore' is his oil gland, can't see in your pic though... little feathers is him molting, which is normal considering the trauma he went through and is now getting back to where he should be... 6lbs is absolutely amazing!! Great job!!!

Sorry to be so ignorant, are oil glands on drake ducks look like sores, this is normal and not to worry?

Back
Top Bottom