starving duck help

Not my pics, but here's a few...

Thank you , you are right on, the pictures helped. I am so glad not a mite etc.so much learning in a short period of taking care of this little guy.

You should be sooooooooo proud of yourself. You have done an amazing job! It's awesome that your little guy is wiggling his tail at you. Ducks are special! You asked what breed he might be....I think you have a Pekin.
1f601.png

I will have to check out pekin, I am hooked for how loving he is. He is not leaving the farm, my husband already knows I am attached, just to find him a duck friend..

I looked up pekin, they are all white with yellow bill. This one has a green bill and is light grey feathered on the head and is cream feathered on the body with pearl colors blended on his back feathers.

I looked up pekin, they are all white with yellow bill. This one has a green bill and is light grey feathered on the head and is cream feathered on the body with pearl colors blended on his back feathers.

You are correct, Lucky isn't a Pekin. His color is silver (splash). He could be an Indian Runner or a Swedish duck, or quite possibly a mixture of breeds. Can venture a better guess once he has fully recovered and filled out.

You have done an AWESOME job rehabbing this drake! He has come a long way in a short time. The fact that he is your first experience with a duck is just amazing. You have been thru and learned a lot in last several weeks. Your dedication to this guy really shows. I'm so glad you found knowledgeable, caring and supportive people to help you thru this situation. WOW! already up to 6 pounds. Love reading and seeing pic updates of Lucky.

update- the weight was wrong, he is actually at 4lbs, not sure why my previous reading was wrong. He is now standing on both feet. not sure if there is pain on his one foot that is still slightly swollen.

Back
Top Bottom