Stella's Social Club

Time for the geese.

The whole gang.

African gander

Chinese gander

Chinese stretching after his bath

George (American) knows he is my favorite

He has a hole in his head, you can see in one nostril and right out the other side if you look carefully, LOL

I have lots of pictures of him chewing on the camera strap.

Who's behind me???

Stop it Deb! Kelly get her banned.
barnie.gif
No geese, no ducks, no geese, no ducks, no geese, no ducks...

Deb - You need four of them for 2 of you to eat? That is what I can't get by with quail. They are so small, it hardly seems worth the effort to butcher them. Let me know how they come out.
DH ate two, I ate one. The other will go in my lunch tomorrow at the office.

After cooking

After dinner (food blog picture Mary? LOL)

After the first bite, I planned when I was going to process the rest. I currently have about 40 three week old coturnix I was planning to sell, now they are going in the freezer in about 4-5 weeks.

I am NOT an adventurous eater, so I worried about how this would go (probably why they were a year old already). I love beef, hate lamb (although DH loves lamb and we raise it, so I have to find ways I will eat it), etc. If I wasn't raised on something, I have to mentally get past new types of meats. I loved these and now I need to set more eggs. I have no idea which type of quail they were, coturnix or bobwhite, I'll have to keep track next time.

Now, if I can just get myself to process some of the turkeys, our food bill will go WAY down.

Last edited:
Went out to check on the broody and she was no longer on the eggs and they were cold. I took the two that I thought had hope and put them in the bator, just for kicks but I'll be removing them Tuesday if they haven't hatched.

So. no naked necks for me.

BUT.. the broody is being very attentive to the 14 Dellies and 1 SLW sent to me by Kathy.

Those Dellies just run everywhere and she keeps calling them back... good mama.

I thought I had another broody today, but alas, she's off the golf balls. I'm hoping she get's broody before the 18th.

I candled the 28 eggs I had in the bator and I'm now down to 25. Removed one blue, one brown and one Aloha.

DH ate two, I ate one. The other will go in my lunch tomorrow at the office.

After cooking

After dinner (food blog picture Mary? LOL)

After the first bite, I planned when I was going to process the rest. I currently have about 40 three week old coturnix I was planning to sell, now they are going in the freezer in about 4-5 weeks.

I am NOT an adventurous eater, so I worried about how this would go (probably why they were a year old already). I love beef, hate lamb (although DH loves lamb and we raise it, so I have to find ways I will eat it), etc. If I wasn't raised on something, I have to mentally get past new types of meats. I loved these and now I need to set more eggs. I have no idea which type of quail they were, coturnix or bobwhite, I'll have to keep track next time.

Now, if I can just get myself to process some of the turkeys, our food bill will go WAY down.
Quail is very Tasty!

I am very happy that you liked it.

Well thank you Diva. I barely broke a sweat. Tucker did all the work. That was slowed to 10% speed. That little guy is low to the ground for a reason.

By the way I called his lawyer yesterday and he said we have heard nothing in five weeks. He thinks they understand they can't win and have decided to let it go. I sure hope so. He said they would be hard pressed to convince authorities that they are concerned for Tucker's safety if they have done nothing in all this time.

Back
Top Bottom