somad.gif
rant.gif
How is able to keep her job????
barnie.gif

somad.gif
rant.gif
How is able to keep her job????
barnie.gif

Because she is an independent contractor, not an employee, that's why.

Call the listing agent.
That probably wouldn't get her anywhere since the listing agent does not represent her, only the seller and can't help her. Best bet would be to call her broker and complain that she's AWOL and not representing you and the broker might be able to get another agent.

Last edited:
When in doubt about your agent, call her/his broker. If you want to change your offer, she should be johnny-on-the-spot to get it done. I was a realtor for 8 years and I was sick to death of realtors like Mary's. Apparently, she's too successful to care about each client or too involved with her jet-setter lifestyle that she doesn't have time for her job other than collecting paychecks. Grrrrrr. I've done the jobs of cooperating (well, not-cooperating) agents many, many times, cleaned up after them and got cheated for my trouble. No excuse for it.

Last edited:
She finally called back and they accepted our offer! But, as soon as we got that news, we got the news that the home inspector on this house recommended a mold inspection for the basement. Now we may not be able to close on time on this house because of the the time involved for the inspection and testing. One step forward, two back, as usual.

My realtor said she was on the phone all morning working for me but I had to remind her that had she returned my calls last night she would have been in the loop already. So anyway, nothing new there. Failure to communicate in a timely fashion is the number one complaint about realtors today. So I am trending!

Last edited:
I agree, realtors can be a real pain. Esp. if you want to sell something. The two story brick house with some land , near the coast of NC is still for sale for two yrs now. It would require updating of most of the house but the location is great. Ours had surgery, bless her and then just sort of forgot us. We have not had near the traffic that we should have, no open house etc.
If I were a city person I would sell the other house there and redo it. The high ceiling , chemneys etc. New double pane, tilt to clean windows have not done any good in selling. The city of Shallotte is not a hot spot.
i wish you luck.

I agree, realtors can be a real pain. Esp. if you want to sell something. The two story brick house with some land , near the coast of NC is still for sale for two yrs now. It would require updating of most of the house but the location is great. Ours had surgery, bless her and then just sort of forgot us. We have not had near the traffic that we should have, no open house etc.
If I were a city person I would sell the other house there and redo it. The high ceiling , chemneys etc. New double pane, tilt to clean windows have not done any good in selling. The city of Shallotte is not a hot spot.
i wish you luck.

I hope you sell it. It sure is a pain in the neck. We will know next week is the issues with this house are serious or just in the imagination of the inspector. Until then I will cease any packing. Went by the new house tonight to figure out where we could put a garage. I think it might work so it is still a strong contender. I love it.

Y'all know how much I love to cook?

I hope you sell it. It sure is a pain in the neck. We will know next week is the issues with this house are serious or just in the imagination of the inspector. Until then I will cease any packing. Went by the new house tonight to figure out where we could put a garage. I think it might work so it is still a strong contender. I love it.

Y'all know how much I love to cook?

That is a great work space! I could do some real damage cooking in there.

Love it!

Back
Top Bottom