Still no eggs!

That is such fun.

My grandson loves to collect the eggs

I'm in your same boat. My red sex link has been showing signs for awhile too!!! I'm starting to think she's broken, lol. I've looked for her stash of eggs everywhere and locked her in the run to see if she'd lay and of course, no eggs. Maybe we'll have to hang in there together! Makes me feel better that I'm not alone. Today she popped out of the bushes while I was weeding in the FRONT yard... Sneaky chicken, I don't know how she got there... but doesn't that look like a guilty face to you?
Congrats on your egg!

Last edited:
@Mackenzie450 Wow! That is so lucky! I'm so glad she's home. We have had two disappear like that, neither of them found unfortunately :( I'm still waiting for my eggs. They will be 24 wks on Thursday, but it's so hot here I'm thinking it may be affecting their laying... Or I'm just impatient, haha.

@Mackenzie450 Wow! That is so lucky! I'm so glad she's home. We have had two disappear like that, neither of them found unfortunately :( I'm still waiting for my eggs. They will be 24 wks on Thursday, but it's so hot here I'm thinking it may be affecting their laying... Or I'm just impatient, haha.

Wow I'm surprised they aren't laying yet! Mine are 19 weeks and four of the ten are laying. I think the heat can affect them. Although it has been upper 90's here and it hasn't slowed mine down. I get four a day like clockwork. What kind of chickens do you have?

You're NEVER going to believe this. My chicken has been gone for over 24 hours and I just knew I'd never see her again. Well my neighbor came over and had my hen in her arms. She found her laying an egg in my neighbors coop!!! Not only is this thread lucky enough to bring you eggs, its lucky enough to give your neighbors some eggs too! Lol!

Well hopefully by commenting the good luck will spread to me! I have 4 RIR that are 19 weeks old. 1 laid an egg last Wednesday and I haven't had an egg since!!! There's no way she's laying elsewhere because they only get to free range when I'm out there to supervise. And when I say supervise, I literally sit there and watch them the whole time, I just love them that much! Plenty of feed and water, get to free range often, weather in the 90's but coop and run are in a pretty shaded area plus a tarp on top for additional shade... what gives?!

My RSL has been very sporadic on her egg laying. My buff hasn't missed a day since starting though! One of my chickens is sometimes laying a soft egg in the middle of the night. It think it's my other buff because its the same color as my laying buff. It happens every few days. Always at night. Very odd!

My RSL went three days without laying and laid this monster. It was a double yolk. I was very excited!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments on the thread. My wife and I are newbiws and have two Buff Orpingtons and they are at 21 weeks. No eggs so far, but I am posting here for good luck.

I would love some good luck from this thread! I have 4 5 month old hens I'm impatiently waiting to start laying. They are speckled Sussex and EE. I've never had hens take this long to start laying before. And thanks to the summer heat I'm only getting 0/1 eggs a day from my 3 older hens.

Back
Top Bottom