Stinking sweaty eggs

gokuchickey

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2018
A few days ago, my mother bought me some fertilized chicken eggs, I have 3 roosters and 7 hens. We had over 20 eggs and my mother wanted them to hatch so we put them in a basket hoping for one of the hens to foster/incubate, sadly none of the hens did until the next day, so the eggs were sitting out for the rest of the night. The morning when I checked I saw that one egg that was moving and had a little hole, i immediately put the egg along with 5 other fertilized eggs under my hen and 6-7 eggs under my other hen. While they were incubating the next day, I checked my coop the chick hatched and i waited for the other eggs to hatch but they didn’t. my one hen [ with the chick ] her eggs started to smell terribly bad and had some residue almost like smelly sweaty eggs I’m not sure if they’re rotten,deceased. I tried to candel them but I couldn’t find a dark room. can someone help me and tell me what’s wrong and what is happening with the eggs ? I inserted a picture of one of the eggs below. [ we had to throw some eggs away because they started to really really smell, those eggs were the ones that weren’t sit on by any of our hens. We don’t have an incubator** ]

Attachments

• DB2F09E7-7271-437E-B1C7-8F02421C95C1.jpeg
    DB2F09E7-7271-437E-B1C7-8F02421C95C1.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 13
That is not good. If an egg is doing that, it is beyond help. I would toss it and do not open it. It is likely rotten.

But please wait for some others to chime in, too. Do not take only my advice.

That is not good. If an egg is doing that, it is beyond help. I would toss it and do not open it. It is likely rotten.

I appreciate your advice, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom