Stip en Vlerk

Stipenvlerk

Crowing
May 22, 2020
The Netherlands
Hello community,

I’d like to introduce my two Cayuga ducklings here...
previously I had two white Dutch call ducks. Unfortunately the drake died because of a car accident and until we found her another partner she is at a reputable breeder of white call ducks to refresh the family tree there. She won a competition of most beautiful waterfowl last januari. Which is not what we are after but breeder took her to the show because he thought she was a perfect duckie.

While waiting for her to return in the fall with a new male companion, I decided to go for it and try to raise some ducklings. I just fell in love with the Cayuga breed immediately. They seem to be all what the call ducks aren’t. big, black, relatively quiet and egglayers. the father and mother of this duckies where pitchblack with the green shine the Duckies have some yellow. I’m not sure if this is something normal or a fault. But I love them anyway. I took 3 duckies but one didn’t thrive. No eating, so after 6 days of feeding with a syringe and extra vitamines and nightly care it died yesterday. These two are doing well as far as I can tell. They eat loads and poop loads and love to Explore our quite big garden. Supervised ofcourse. they also have supervised swims in a little babybath outside which they love too.

there names are Stip (Dutch for dot) and Vlerk ( which is one of the words you can use for wing. It also is used when someone is a little mischievous) you must be able to see who’s who ;)
Today they are 1 week old. And on the picture they are 6 days. After eating so one is a bit dirty.

ok that’s it for now. Hope to enjoy this community a lot. Already got loads of advise in the past week from here without an account. Thanks!

Attachments

• DF8E1A7A-E91D-4B61-A6B5-6BF65C64C4C4.jpeg
    DF8E1A7A-E91D-4B61-A6B5-6BF65C64C4C4.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom