store bought eggs make her kids sick

I bought eggs today at the healthfood store today (had given all my eggs away as gifts and didn't have any for us
he.gif
) They were "organic free-range eggs" Even those didn't look as good as mine. Pale, watery. I can just imagine what the ones bought at a grocery store would be like

Quote:
I can't eat/drink anything that's been pasteurized. For some reason it destroys my ability to handle foods/sugars. One glass of pasteurized orange juice and I'm VERY ill.

Yet, I can eat oranges...

I'm allergic to milk *and* lactose intolerant but I tolerate raw goats milk.

I have LOTS of food allergies and can't help but think that all the extra 'stuff' contributes to me not being able to eat.

I was diagnosed with several food intolerances during college. One of the trigger foods was eggs, but my biggest problem is wheat. There is a lot of wheat in commercial feed.

wow lots of replys in just a day! i have been researching since i posted this. I have come across a few articles that mention dye. there is one red dye that has been tested that makes the yolks darker but cannot be used since it is a carcinogen (probably used in china though
wink.png
but did find mention that there is a dye that some use that is added to the feed to make the yolks more yellow. It appears this is done because they are using more grains since they are plentiful, cheap and easy to use in the conveyors verus adding in more cracked corn which would provide the natural component that makes yolks yellow.
i know there are quite a few people with allergies to food dye so maybe that is another reason for reacting to factory eggs?

the woman had originally wanted 2 dozen but when i went to town she bought a 3rd dozen and will let me know how they do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom