Stores getting Rid of ANTIBIOTICS

Breakofday316

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2016
So today I went by tractor supply and found out the FDA is trying to regulate and do away with OTC Antibiotics, like most peps on here are suggesting. Thought it was interesting to know about! Time to go more Natural and Research a healthier way to treat your poultry, cattle, sheep, etc. Otherwise it will have to be through a Vet. Just an FYI

Last edited:
Just a note... Coccidiosis is treated with a coccidiostat, not an antibiotic.

Corid (Amprolium) is the best for treating all nine strains of Cocci that chickens can get, and I believe they are leaving that alone.

MrsB

Pls let me know if you have any advice on the pic of my hens stool.

Pls let me know if you have any advice on the pic of my hens stool.

Welcome to BYC!!

That looks like a cecal poop. They can be anything from mustard yellow to black and tar-like consistency.

If you have any questions about a specific chicken, please start another thread, so we can help you!!

Thanks!

MrsB

Well I lost one of the 4 about a week ago. Started out with lose stool then became listless and started falling over. Purchased them all at the same place about a month ago. Just concerned it may be cocci.
I clean the coop every day , clean pellets and water. They roam when I'm off work.
Treated them all for worms as recommended with Wazine 17.
Not sure if I should start Sulmet or Cortid?

Currently they are removing water souable and feed mixed antibiotics. This is a federal law that becomes effective 1/1/2017. It is to stop people who feed low level doses of these antibiotics to their livestockto improve weight gain. Mainly your larger feedlot and hog operations. Unfortunately it affects everyone though.

Back
Top Bottom