Story of a boy and his chickens.

Pictures of nesting boxes(Ceramic Eggs inside), insides of coop, roost ext. Nesting boxes are done on the inside but not on the outside. Still need to cut holes and install a hinged lid so I can collect on the outside eventually. Siding still not put up on the back so I covered in Tyvec in the meantime. The hardy board pieces at almost 10ft cut for the back is just to long, wobbly, and amazingly heavy for me to level and nail up myself and I haven't been able to get a hand for it yet. Hopefully in the next couple of weekends I can get that up. Also took pictures of what I did to add support to the entire coup by lag screwing concreted post to all 4 corners of the coop. Oh and a few snaps of roof vents. Nothing changed with them. Still need to trim a lot and paint more. I will also eventually be adding an almost identical run to the other side of the coop where I will alternate to let things grow.

You must have a wicked fast camera, or take hundreds to get the dozens you post, to take such clear pics of chickens....
......they rarely stop moving.<rollsyes>
Wonderful pics.

Are those nails or screws holding the HC to the eaves?
Not sure I understand the purpose of the concrete posts lagged to the coop?

Last edited:
You must have a wicked fast camera, or take hundreds to get the dozens you post, to take such clear pics of chickens.... ......they rarely stop moving. Wonderful pics. Are those nails or screws holding the HC to the eaves? Not sure I understand the purpose of the concrete posts lagged to the coop?
I just take the photos with my iPhone 5 haha. Those are nails holding the HC. There are good flat head roofing nails holding it up not just the plastic caps ones. Essentially the coop was just sitting on concrete hollow blocks that are sitting on the ground. I was worried if we get enough wind that with the coop being so tall that it could fall over. Now it's screwed to good strong post on every corner with 10" screws. It just adds stability.

Well, I've heard that the newer iphones have great cameras in them. 

It works for me! Though, most would consider my iPhone outdated but it does what I need it to do and like most things, I will ride it till it drops.

Back
Top Bottom