Strange Q: How long are chicks "cute" for?

LukeandAli

Songster
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
Carver, Oregon
I know that seems like an odd question; but, I'm wondering how long they keep their photogenic appearance. I'm pregnant and due the end of this month. We want to get some chicks (but, we're waiting until after the baby is born) and I figured I'd take full advantage of it and time it so that we can get some cute Easter pix of the baby and chicks. Anyone have a good timeframe for how long they keep their "fuzzybutt" appearance?

I'd say about a week or two as well.
jumpy.gif

No more than a couple of days, 1 week at tops.

Most of the hatcheries can send chicks out with very little lead time. I suggest that you wait until you know you need the chicks and then order them.

Or order them now but ask for a delivery date a month after you know the baby is due. That gives you time to get back on your feet and the baby to get "Un-smushed". If you want a specific breed, then it's better to order early.

Or, you can just go down to the feed store the week you want to do photos and buy chicks.

I've got to tell you, though, I would never allow chicks anywhere near my new born baby. Have you thought this out carefully?

Back
Top Bottom