Stuff found inside your eggs?

I have seen some strange things in a few of my eggs. I got one a few weeks ago that had a hard, bean sized thing in it. Kind of dark and grayish red? I tossed the egg. I have also gotten a few eggs with a dark spot(meat spot?) in it. These are all from young layers though. I will try to take some photos of any that I get that have strange things in them.

I know it happens but it always grosses me out when i find the meat spots...I try to pick it out or it goes to the kids or hubby...what they don't know won't hurt them haha! I just hope that when I give eggs away none of those eggs have anything gross!

update: it is not the white stringy " Chalazae" (which I previously called albumen) it was clearly grayish or greenish in color and made me think of intestines..sorry. ewwww. And another egg had a small semi-hard bean shaped object in it. Like chicken fat in color.

Quote:
I am guilty of feeding my husband the meat spots too!

x3! Just use lots of pepper!

I've had a small insect between shell and membrane. Found it peeling a hard boiled egg. Checked the girls for fleas and they looked fine but was kind of alarming at the time. Nothing since then or ever before so not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom