Stumped by black chick with 5 toes

Hoover Hatchery
I bought the assortment of colored egg layers and hatchery choice rare neither listed the Mystic Onyx which is why I was leaning to MMM. Just noticed the 5 toes today. She is 5 weeks and not sure why I hadn't noticed before.

I bought the assortment of colored egg layers and hatchery choice rare neither listed the Mystic Onyx which is why I was leaning to MMM. Just noticed the 5 toes today. She is 5 weeks and not sure why I hadn't noticed before.
Huh. No reason why one would be in the Rare choice and the other wouldn't since both are just mixes and not actual breeds. Bur I guess some Midnights might have dark enough eggs to count for colored eggs.

Huh. No reason why one would be in the Rare choice and the other wouldn't since both are just mixes and not actual breeds. Bur I guess some Midnights might have dark enough eggs to count for colored eggs.
There are other mix breeds on HH rare assortment such as Easter eggers. I chose a mix of this assortment just to get some variety in my back yard flock. In the past I bought from a local feed store due to the variety of breeds they acquired, but this year they only dealt in pricey breeds. Too rich for my pocketbook.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom