Sunflower Chickens

Quote:
Do you think this long, hot summer may have had something to do with that? I've got a few hens that seem like they have been molting forever!

Quote:
Do you think this long, hot summer may have had something to do with that? I've got a few hens that seem like they have been molting forever!

That's what I'm blaming it on....don't know if it's right or not!

Mine have been molting for a month or so now. I'm getting maybe 3 eggs a day from 10 hens, but then they layed ALL through the hot summer. My ducks are laying great; 3 eggs a day from 2 adult hens
tongue.png

I haven't noticed any nekkid chickens, but I am not getting many eggs....so now I am giving them a reason. They are molting chickens, not good for nothing, lazy, eat me out of house and home chickens.
lol.png

Okay, I guess I'm looking for a new home for my 5 mo old Peking drake. Well I think he's a Peking. I can't get more birds right now and don't want to risk the safety of my girl duckies any longer than I have to. He's a beauty and pretty big. He's one of my 7 hatchery babies from Orscheln this spring. I hate to give him up but I must. I also must figure out how to load the pics of these ducks to find out just what they are. I hate figuring out this stuff.......... It gives me a big headache!!

P.S. Maybe I shouldn't admit this but Ihave to be honest. I have NO idea what to sell this guy for. I'd appreciate some help on this. Also I am just south of Ottawa, so I could deliver a short distance or meet in the middle.

Cross posting:

Morning friends!

Is anyone looking for a bird today? No specifics but I just got an email at work that the wichita postal plant got a bird in with no label, nothing to identify it in any way. Probably express mail but now has no label.

If anyone is missing one or shipped one, pm me so we can get this bird home.

Quote from the PO:

We opened up the box and it is a chicken with black and bronze feathers and a red head. We put some water in the box and it is making noises. There is some seed in the bottom of the box.​

I really hope they are able to find the owner-to-be. I am in Wichita but am already at full capacity and even if I wasn't, I would be reluctant to a) add a new chicken without a quarantine period, yet lack a space to quarantine at the moment, and b) add a single chicken to an established flock.

Chances are it is a roo and they are prohibited in the city. Someone paid good money to ship that bird. Hopefully the owner will call the PO looking for their bird.

Back
Top Bottom