Super excited! Eggs are hatching!

houdanqueen

Chirping
Jun 8, 2016
This is the second batch of eggs I've incubated (unfortunately only one hatched the first time), and today is day 21!
Already one Houdan mix is out- gorgeous little black thing, and three others are piped (one last night, and two today). Two of the piped ones are Houdan, and am really hoping they hatch ok as I have big plans for them.
Another 9 are still taking their time.
Unfortunately I had to open the batter to move the hatched chick, as it was wedged between two eggs and was stuck, and to add more water. Hope it doesn't mess them up.
Will post some pics once the little one fluffs out :)

So, I have two little chicks so far that look healthy.
One of the eggs left pipped over 30 hrs ago, and hasn't made any more progress since.
The humidity was a bit low this morning, so really hoping it's not shrink wrapped :(. Still peeping and moving around in there though, so hopefully it's out by tonight.

So, end of day 22, and still only two chicks. Neither has made any more progress, and I think the one that pipped on day 19 is shrinkwrapped.
I'm debating whether or not I want to intervene, or wait one more day with this one egg.
Getting a bit nervous the rest won't make it.

Absolutely in love with the black and white one. Really hope this one is a female!

Decided to help out the little one, and it was indeed stuck from a dried membrane. Once I realized that, I checked out the other eggs and found 3 shrinkwrapped, dead, and the others had died within the past week.
A bit upset about this hatch, and kicking myself for the humidity drop. Hopefully this little Houdan pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom