Support your 2nd amendment rights!

I have a rape whistle

he.gif

It is not about what you or I or anyone thinks. It is about what the founders thought. The reason they gave us the right to bear arms. The founders firmly believe that, while government was necessary, it was a necessary evil at best and that it must be extremely limited in it's power. The entire design of the government structure they built shows that their biggest concern was keeping the government from growing too big and strong. Their first line of defense to accomplish this was to create the Constitution. If you read the Constitution, you will notice that, unlike the constitutions of other countries that prescribe rights for the people, the US constitution prescribes restrictions for government. Most of the clauses in the US constitution start with the phrase, "The government SHALL NOT". This single phrase is used over and over again in the constitution and it shows that the founder's intention was to restrict the government's size and power. So where as the constitutions of most other countries in the world provide restrictions for the people, the US constitution provides restrictions for the government.

The founders second line of defense to try and keep the government limited was the three tier system of the Legislative, Executive and Judicial. The whole purpose of the three tier system was that each tier would be of equal power and could oppose the others if one of them tried to step beyond the limits of the constitution. So again, we see that the founders intent was to keep the government's power limited and in check.

The third and last line of defense that the founders put in place was a well armed populous that was capable of revolting against the government if the first two lines of defense failed. The founders were revolutionaries themselves, and they believed firmly in the idea of revolution if the government were to try and take too much power. Their hope, in giving the people of this country the right to keep and bear arms, was to provide a balance of power between the government of the people. They wanted the government to always be in fear of the people so that it would not step beyond the restrictions of the constitution. The right to keep and bear arms was never about personal defense or hunting as the media and some groups try to make it about today. The singular purpose of the right to keep and bear arms was to empower the people to revolt and overthrow the government if the government should step beyond the limits of the constitution. It was the founders hope that, if the people had the power to revolt, they would never have to use it because the government would always be in fear of the people's power to revolt and would never cross that line.

So this discussion about the right to keep and bears arms is not about the right of personal defense. It is not about hunting. It is about one thing and one thing only. It is about giving the people sufficient fire power to overthrow the government. This was the intent of the founders. You don't have to go back in time and ask them, this was their intent. Now you may disagree with them if you want, but you cannot change their intent. The problem with most Americans, is that we think the government is our friend and that it is the solutions to all our problems. We have an isolated mindset and we are not students of the world and the history of governments. But our founders were very wise men and they knew that all governments, even the one that they established, had a propensity towards corruption and tyranny. To quote Thomas Paine' "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."

So when you discuss what "TYPE" of weapons the government should allow the people to posses, always make sure that no matter what type of weapon you think people should be allowed to own, that weapon is of sufficient power to enable the people to overthrow the government. Only then will you truly show wisdom and be in agreement with the founders intent.

The times may have changed and the world may have advanced technologically, but there is one thing that has not changed, and that is the heart of man and it's propensity to become corrupt and evil if given too much power. We must always remember that governments are made up of human people and all humans have a tendency become corrupt if given too much power. The history of the world bares this truth out over and over and over again. Because of this undeniable truth of humanity, we must all learn to fear the government, because it has the greatest capacity for evil. An evil lone gunman can kill 10 or 20 innocent people, but governments with too much power have killed billions of innocent people throughout the history of the world and still continue to do so today.

Know who you should fear!

Well said....... unfortunately people fail to remember this part.... and the government doesn't want to remind anyone about it either!

The 'stop knives save lives' campaign seemed to be met with an almost hysterical response from Capitol Commentary. The focus of the campaign was to legislate for the restriction of selling hunting knives and large kitchen knives to the under 18s, and to underline the law that says it is an offence to carry such a knife in a public place. I don't think any sane person would think that either of these things are wrong. It is perfectly possible for an adult to buy both a hunting knife and kitchen knife easily and legally. It is also the case that UK never had a history of carrying guns anyway and it is perfectly possible to own a sports/hunting gun/rifle quite legally as long as you are registered and keep the laws of locking the guns and ammo away safely. Both my son-in-law and granddaughter own rifles and have done so for many years. What we don't see, I'm thankful to say is the ownership of hand guns.

The 'stop knives save lives' campaign seemed to be met with an almost hysterical response from Capitol Commentary.
Of course it was. It was a joke of an idea cause everyone owns them an millions set in kitchens every year an never kill anyone.
Gun control is just as big a joke here as the knife thing was over there. There are more guns in this country than there is people.

As of right now in the state of Georgia we have right at 11% of the population with carry permits. You don't need that to carry a long gun anywhere. You dont need that to carry a pistol on your property, at work or in your car. You don't need that to carry while you hunt or fish. Those 11% only needed to get that if they want to actively carry a pistol on their person everywhere they go. Its also the most expensive license most of those people ever have so people usually don't just get one to say they have it.

Think about that for a minute. When you walk in to a store, you can assume that 1 out of every 10 people in that store with you is armed with a pistol.

We have long guns before we can legally(age) sit in the front seat of a car. Seeing a 10 year old fishing with a gun propped on the tree beside him causes no alarm. A teen boy gets his first car or truck an his gun is the first thing he puts in it. Pistols are a normal gift to both boys an girls for when they leave home.

Fear of any object is based on lack of contact. Things you own an use every day are harmless an the idea of banning them sounds crazy, but that same object can be scary an need to be banned in the mind of someone who has no contact with that object.

A group from from New York City, did a bus tour to try to drum up support for gun control in the other states. It was laughed at. They claimed less guns save lives but at the same time the government did a study that proved that to not be true. They claimed that LEO supported gun control, LEO were polled an an actually wanted more people armed. They even got caught raising the numbers of gun murder victims by counting criminals shot by LEO.

I know of children killed by golf clubs by accident.

Oh yea how about vehicles and cigaretts, their death count is way higher.

My suggestion stop trying to conquer death and stop giving crooks get out of jail free cards. Its a part of life and the freaks need to be dealt with not the object itself.

I clocked my cousin in the temple with a claw hammer when I was around 3 or 4. Knocked him cold. Looking back in it now, it should have killed him. But then he shouldn't have stole my Tonka truck when I had a hammer in reach...

Years later his brother clocked him in the same spot with a golf club. That didn't knock him out but it did require stitches.

Last edited:
I clocked my cousin in the temple with a claw hammer when I was around 3 or 4. Knocked him cold. Looking back in it now, it should have killed him. But then he shouldn't have stole my Tonka truck when I had a hammer in reach...

Years later his brother clocked him in the same spot with a golf club. That didn't knock him out but it did require stitches.
My brother did exactly the same thing to his friend. He was a little older though. Maybe five or six. His friend stole and ate his cookie. So John clocked him on the head with a hammer. Didn't knock him out. Raised a pretty good knot on the kid's head though. "He shouldn't have taken my cookie" was all John had to say about it when his mother found out and reprimanded him. The two boys did remain friends but I don't think the kid ever tried to steal anything from John again.

Back
Top Bottom