Surviving Minnesota!

Now I would go with a Black cock with that one to intensify the Blue more and get those black ticks out of the color, and hopefully give some lacing to her color as well.  She is a nice deep bird, but I would try getting a bigger head on her.
It is nice to have all three colors of the variety to work with to try getting the right shade of Blue.  The Splash, I have read, is supposed to help express the lacing the Blues are supposed to have as well.  Although, I don't know if mine ever had good lacing, more like 'edging' which is different and gives a weaker distinction of color separation on each feather.

Ok thank you! I am hopefully getting a breeding pair from Jamie Matt's so I am looking at what to get. Still can't decide though!

Guy canning pictures and methods . This is 7 quarts of juice with 8 half pints on top . Processing the juice and preheating the cold packed paste . Time saving .

This is the mesh bag from the cider press .

Bag with paste .

paste out of bag .

paste in half pints .
So yield is 8 half pints of paste and 15 quarts of juice . No boiling down .

Your paste is real paste. Mine is a more like a real thick sauce.

I just picked more tonight, I need to get squishing them so I can, can them early in the Morn..

I made 10 gallons of Kraut today. Ever wonder why the top half of a crock takes so many more cabbage to fill than the bottom half? I am out of crocks, so I think I am going to go to Runnings and pick up 5- 5 gallon buckets..

I will have enough kraut to skip the cabbage next year.

I also picked 10 huge egg plants. I need to do something with. I am thinking baking and freezing, unless someone has a better Idea. I will never need to plant eggplants again.

HI..

I have to confess I did not win fairly on the first post of the day. I sent it from the ER. I Woke to find Judy on the floor of the bathroom at 1. She said she laid down so she didn't fall down. She did not pass out, but said the room was spinning and she was getting weak.

I was in the ER until 8. She is home now, in bed, they do not know what was wrong with her. Her white count is high they did a ton of tests and X-rays and found nothing. Some of the tests take days to come back.

Other than that nothing much going on.

The Socially inept little BA rooster named "Pat" is no more, he is cooling his heels in Mom's Fridge today. There should be much less drama in the rooster pen today.

Ralph I am sorry to hear this! i hope she gets better soon and they figure what is wrong!

OOOFFFDDDAAA!!! The State fair was ALOT of fun! It was also alot of work but mostly fun! I made alot of new friends, got a news interview and got an interview call back for placing in the top 20 percent of poultry participants! I was really excited about that!

Ralph those Dominiques are beautiful! They look alot better than the Doms that were at the state fair!

OOOFFFDDDAAA!!! The State fair was ALOT of fun! It was also alot of work but mostly fun! I made alot of new friends, got a news interview and got an interview call back for placing in the top 20 percent of poultry participants! I was really excited about that!

Ralph those Dominiques are beautiful! They look alot better than the Doms that were at the state fair!

How did you do!?

Back
Top Bottom