Surviving Minnesota!

Jerry ~ Have you ever tried an injection made from Rooster comb? The gel from inside of a rooster comb has provided amazing relief to both my over achieving father and my 90+ year old grandmother. Both of them get relief for 6 months and then they go get another injection.

Ralphie - Glad to hear that you passed your inspection...Any tips you are willing to disclose....Initial certification is scheduled for June 9th.

\\

I think have your son offer them a bribe,,,,,

It may not help and he may go to prison but I will beat his butt at the fair...and that is worth something.,,,:old:old:old:lau:lau:lau

Morning . On apples many of the crabs self pollinate . Yours evidently does not . Fruit size varies depending on which named variety you have . Dolgo and Whitney come to mind as larger inch sized fruit . Some eating apples are considered crabs due to small size and being part crab . Chestnut is one . Called lunch box apples by some . A few eating apples self pollinate but not many . Golden delicious is one . Clear as mud right ?

Erli, Spring Snow is a fruitless variety of Flowering Crab. It is grown for the spring flowering display, and some folks don't want to have to deal with the apple clean up.
Those flowering crabs which have very small apples generally are much appreciated by the birds. Some varieties hold the fruit into winter and have an ornamental appearance even then ?

Ralphie, glad to see that you maintained the NPIP as you put so much effort to attaining it in the first place.

Jerry, glad to see your trip home appears to have gone better than the trip up. Good luck in catching those sunnies. They are very tasty.

BC, even with all this water I never have problems in my house. I am on a hill and so stay high and dry even in the worst floods.

Erli I had a solo honey crisp for a number of years and it seemed the bees probably brought in neighbors pollen because I did get apples for several years. Before it was brutally attacked by a bear. Lol.

About 3 years ago we planted 7 new apple trees . 3 varieties of which 5 are left. I see blossoms on the haralreds this spring so there will be a small crop I hope.

Chicks are a-growing jerry. Lovely birds! I think all the lavs are hens. And I got one black hen. Other black or blue? Are cockerels. Perfect.

Glad you guys are home safe and sound. Was your truck ready when you came back through? Busy cold week of car issues and not so much of mushroom hunting.
Sounds like you got plenty done still.
Ralphie glad to hear you aced your inspection. I'm off to work folks. Happy Tuesday!

Busy people!

Jerry, Do you have a lot of turkeys there? I went out to pick a meal of mushrooms yesterday afternoon. I went to a friends place just behind his shed I found a wild turkey nest. I thought it was a puffball at first but looked wrong when I touched it, I found it to be an egg. the rest of the nest was about a foot away under leaves.

My apple trees are done blooming, one had a lot the others a few, I saw a few bumblebees but no homey bees, i assume it is another appleless year.

I did not get them sprayed before the bloom either. I will spray them in a few days, I want all the blossoms gone in case a stupid bee shows up. Hate to kill the last bee in the area.

EJB How is that rooster working? Is his leg any better?

I think I figured out what got my turkey hen, I have in the barn with the head injury. There was a dead possum on the road less than a quarter mile from here. The wound was a small mouth and I was thining a bird of prey, but possum makes more sense. I seldom see them here, they do not seem to do well in our winters, but a warm winter liek we had might mean more of the little (word withheld to keep me off the detention bus).

Another Yucky day in store....Barn work and maybe a quick trip for more oysters. I had a few for breakfast and am going to dry the rest.

@bobbi-j I have a really bad picture of an oriole , if you can tell me which one you think it is..

IMG_6711 (2).JPG

IMG_6714 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom