Surviving Minnesota!

Quote: My long lost drinking brother.
highfive.gif

A few years..

I went to start it for a ride and the cable broke.

So I went to the local Honda dealer to see about getting a new cable put in. Now, you need to understand I am fairly handy at fixing things and I am a tad on the cheap side....

I asked how much to put the cable in. They told me around $350! I fainted. When I picked myself off the floor, I asked how much the cable was. The maintenance guy said he did not know. I knew immediately he was lying.

I went to the parts guy and asked how much the cable was. He said $27. So I thought " heck, I can fix that for $323." So I bought one.

I never in the world dreamed I had to take off the rear saddle bags to change the choke cable... The fairing is not fun to remove either. I got it back to the point it should run and it does. sort of.

It only runs when I have the choke full on. I am thinking those little rubber hoses on the manifold have cracks in them. BUT It is a basket case as I only have it back together enough to sorta run.. No seat, saddle bags etc. I think I got the fairing back on. I have not looked at it in years.

Back
Top Bottom