Surviving Minnesota!

I'm not in any hurry haha! They only do that sort of stuff when you're trying to sell. Otherwise you're overrun with eggs/birds and you don't know what to do with them!
I agree with this for sure lol. I have a total of 4 now and will probably just throw them in the incubator with Coturnix and OEGBs. I do expect they will pick up shortly and you are more than welcome to some eggs then. :) In the fall and then again over most of the winter they laid very reliably, they are still young birds so not too worried. Coturnix are due around Tues and I am anxious to see what colors I get!! :)

Re: the weather it was 88 here yesterday for a high and 41 this morning.
Quite a variance and especially with a strong wind off the lake.
I have been working the last few days for my wife's landscaping company on a project which entails clearing trees and shrubs. It was not fun even though I am primarily a chain saw operator. we cleared a lot of Buckthorn and it is vicious stuff. I ended up looking like I wrestled with the bear I chased the other evening.
Thank God I have to go to shipping for a pigeon race today, so I have a reprieve from this work detail. I am hoping the little woman gets her whole crew together soon, so I am not conscripted into manual labor services.

If anyone wants orpingtons, I've got some. Chocolate pullets and cockerels, black cockerels, a chocolate gold laced cockerel and what I think is a chocolate jubilee cockerel. I would keep the chocolate gold laced, but I would prefee to keep my chocolate silver laced. I also have a mature chocolate rooster that could go.

If anyone wants orpingtons, I've got some. Chocolate pullets and cockerels, black cockerels, a chocolate gold laced cockerel and what I think is a chocolate jubilee cockerel. I would keep the chocolate gold laced, but I would prefee to keep my chocolate silver laced. I also have a mature chocolate rooster that could go.
Do you have pics of the chocolate Orps?

Do you have pics of the chocolate Orps?
IMG_6539.JPG
IMG_6544.JPG IMG_6547.JPG

Back
Top Bottom