Surviving Minnesota!

IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG

I agree with this for sure lol. I have a total of 4 now and will probably just throw them in the incubator with Coturnix and OEGBs. I do expect they will pick up shortly and you are more than welcome to some eggs then. :) In the fall and then again over most of the winter they laid very reliably, they are still young birds so not too worried. Coturnix are due around Tues and I am anxious to see what colors I get!! :)

Post pictures of the quail when they hatch, I love seeing all the colors they come in! I'll be patiently waiting for when they decide to kick back in :)

Windy as all get out last night. A little cooler this morning doing chores. Hopefully, the rain holds out, we could use a sprinkle but not tomorrow. (I’m not really that picky...just demanding. Lol.) i have a few Rhode Island Red cockerels that are super slow to feather and refeather after their juvenile molts, they rather become targets of their pen mates. So I sanitized another pen last night and will be separating further tonight. Until then I threw out some scratch, gave them a pop bottle to roll around. We are up to 4 hospital pens due to this feathering issue. I think it is time for me to do a little lawn chair investigating. Park my lawn chair in the pen and see who the devils are.

Lots to get done before I head north in early June . Perhaps another meeting of friends in Longville in June . I will be there most of the month . Including the dreaded 4th of July . I will stay out of town then if I can .

Doing garden stuff . Hey I happened to think about planting my golden delicious squash seed . I have seed to share if anyone wants some message me your mailing info . This is the one used in the canned pumpkin you can no longer get . So grow your own .

Doing garden stuff . Hey I happened to think about planting my golden delicious squash seed . I have seed to share if anyone wants some message me your mailing info . This is the one used in the canned pumpkin you can no longer get . So grow your own .

Jerryse - I am interested. I will send you a private message.

Thanks!

Heard about a secret lake near Brainerd (not many of them) where kids could catch lots of largemouth from shore as they've had very little pressure over the years. Stopped by to check it out. I caught 12 12-13" bass in an hour. They'll have a blast. It also has a walk-in access, so of I can get my canoe back from in-laws, that could be fun.

Back
Top Bottom