Surviving Minnesota!

9FFF7102-76D2-479E-9CFB-2AF35EDD7C87.jpeg

Having worked for both Nutrena and Purina, I will say that I prefer to feed my chickens Purina and it's not close. Both are fine companies, but I align more strongly with the way Purina designs a product. I will leave it at that.

About the same time of the egg drop and Nutrena being served up I noted my older hen dragging and she had been strong, leading. But a few days on Nutrena --dragging. IDK...it might be heat for her as well. But I can't help thinking Purina has a good feed there just by watching my birds while they are on it. I've noted it before too. They seem to be just better on it.

EJB we missed having a milk cow around and I like the extra milk for my birds. We got her from a grass fed dairy/cheese maker. Her cell count is a little high for the kind of cheese they make so they were going to have her processed. We were going to get one of their other cows and they told us they had her (Chloe) and we said we’d look at her and we loved her... Sweetest most laid back cow... She has given us 1 1/2 gallons a day... Pyt her on pasture and it should bump up... She was producing 2 1/2 a day before we got her and she is on her down cycle. She calved last October and was never bred back since they thought they would process her... We were going to AI her to a Jersey but are going to put her out with the Simmi bull this year...

Back
Top Bottom