Surviving Minnesota!

Hello, Minnesotans!
I have been gone for most of the summer (spent 5 weeks in Alaska, plus 10 days drive time going up and back). Got home a couple of weeks ago, and am 150 posts behind. Hoping to catch up eventually. Anyway, I am wondering if any of the fungus experts can tell me what this is:
View attachment 1896416

It’s a bit brighter yellow than the picture shows.

chicken of the woods . edible .

I have been partially house ridden for almost a week now. I landed weird after going up for a block at practice last week Monday and my knee proceeded to bend weird inwards and outwards ensuing a pop on both sides when I landed. There are some not so good possibilities of what it could be. I go in for an MRI tomorrow.
I have been able to go down somewhat but there's not a lot I can do on crutches especially after it gets dark. Depending on the results of tomorrow we will see about fall shows and when if I sell a big chunk of the Cochins.
View attachment 1895878
So this was last week Wednesday, it hasn't been as swollen as then but it's gotten close some days
Bummer! I hope it just needs some time. :confused::hugs

I have never used Blukote before... can you tell?

CFA27B98-799A-4380-BC46-9E330501C558.jpeg
86E120AB-CA41-41BE-A897-869DB7F233C3.jpeg

And this is after nearly scrubbing my skin off and drying it out with paint thinner. I guess I’ll have to wait for new skin cells. You don’t EVEN want to see the poor little hen. She looked bad before I sprayed her. Now she looks way worse. She has almost no feathers on her neck and her pretty rose comb is nearly ruined. Turkey poults were chasing her around and pecking her. :barnie

I put her in the permanent coop, with a CX pullet to keep her company. First thing she did when I brought her the CX girl was to give the poor thing a peck in the head. :rolleyes: Chickens. They act just like some humans I’ve met!

If I knew which cockerel did this, I would toss him in with the BBWs to be processed along with them & the CX in a week or so—whenever I decide they’re big enough. (The CX, not the turkeys. The turkeys are quite HUGE enough.)

I think though, that she’s just the only one who didn’t fight back hard enough, so she got all the boys—or rather they got her. She’s way down there, pecking order-wise.

She’s been on and off broody since a month or so after starting to lay. There’s hardly anything to her but feathers & bones. Maybe a few weeks away from the thundering herd will do her good.

Hello, Minnesotans!
I have been gone for most of the summer (spent 5 weeks in Alaska, plus 10 days drive time going up and back). Got home a couple of weeks ago, and am 150 posts behind. Hoping to catch up eventually. Anyway, I am wondering if any of the fungus experts can tell me what this is:
View attachment 1896416

It’s a bit brighter yellow than the picture shows.

Chicken of the woods.. it looks like it is growing on the ground... it is not. It is growing from a root or branch. The color and size shows it is perfect for eating right now.

Back
Top Bottom