Surviving Minnesota!

I raised turkeys for a few years, before DH finally said, "No more!". They were great fun! They would follow me everywhere - even when I went for a walk. Fortunately, at the time, we lived on a dirt road that was only used by the school bus and the mailman most of the year. (Hunting season was a different story, but that was only for a couple of months.) But, they all had the same bad habit. You know how turkeys like bright, shiny things? Well, DH is a farmer, and has always worked on his own machinery. When he takes something apart, he lays all the parts out in the order in which he took them off the equipent. The turkeys would grab the parts and run off with them. DH was not amused.

I can’t even begin to list all the things the turkeys have hidden, stolen or sold.

Nothing can stay on a shelf. They love to clean shelves.

Results were worse than what we thought, I ended up tearing my ACL. So I've decided to sell some Cochins so if anyone is looking for any let me know

Yes, I have surgery on September 23, they had to give me time to get my leg straightened and get me walking again. And then it is an 8-10 month recovery time until I can start doing competitive sports
:hugs

Arctic raspberries at the lake . Picture taken in June . Groundcover type .
20190611_105545.jpg
20190611_105554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom