Surviving Minnesota!

I went to close up the hen house this evening (I moved all my layers back there from the summer tractors) and one of my Silver-laced black Wyandottes was cuddled up under the roosts looking miserable. I had been there maybe an hour before and she seemed fine. I picked her up and started looking her over. She died... right there in my arms. So sad. I never had one do that though I’ve found a couple of others dead in the morning. Here she is. I have three but I know this one was her because she had the biggest comb. Poor girl. :hit

1946BA23-1D68-4CF5-A698-4E44D70F2A4C.jpeg

I went to close up the hen house this evening (I moved all my layers back there from the summer tractors) and one of my Silver-laced black Wyandottes was cuddled up under the roosts looking miserable. I had been there maybe an hour before and she seemed fine. I picked her up and started looking her over. She died... right there in my arms. So sad. I never had one do that though I’ve found a couple of others dead in the morning. Here she is. I have three but I know this one was her because she had the biggest comb. Poor girl. :hit

View attachment 1902164
:hugs

View attachment 1902164

Bummer.. sorry for your loss....

There is a Murphy’s Law involving animals..the better looking or the more you want to keep them, the more likely they are to die...

BTW she was a beautiful bird.

View attachment 1902164

How sad, sorry Cindy.

Thanks guys :hugs It’s not the first one to just up and die on me but having her expire like that just as I was holding her seemed somehow more melancholy. Anyway, I’m trying to decide whether I dare put some homegrown eggs into the incubator despite my having way too many chickens...

Thanks guys :hugs It’s not the first one to just up and die on me but having her expire like that just as I was holding her seemed somehow more melancholy. Anyway, I’m trying to decide whether I dare put some homegrown eggs into the incubator despite my having way too many chickens...
Addict!

Back
Top Bottom