Surviving Minnesota!

My german family enjoyed head cheese. With the germans....the stinkier the better. There was one that was horrible....Limburger maybe?? Stinky cheese & stout bread....oh my! Oh....and pig tails....I miss a lot of their cooking and some I'm grateful never to have to eat again!

My german family enjoyed head cheese. With the germans....the stinkier the better. There was one that was horrible....Limburger maybe?? Stinky cheese & stout bread....oh my! Oh....and pig tails....I miss a lot of their cooking and some I'm grateful never to have to eat again!
Limburger on black bread or pumpernickel. :drool

Don't forget the pickled pigs feet and pon haus aka scrapple.

When grandma did pig tails....dad would go over & eat. Mom & us kids didn't. Guessing she couldn't stomach them. You know...I can still remember the smell of that Limburger. Do they even sell it here anymore? I don't ever see it.

When grandma did pig tails....dad would go over & eat. Mom & us kids didn't. Guessing she couldn't stomach them. You know...I can still remember the smell of that Limburger. Do they even sell it here anymore? I don't ever see it.

Limburger is disgusting!!!

Because of Limburger I had to have the 21 rabies shots.

I was 16, my Mom was in the hospital my brother and I were doing the milking and other chores as Dad was with Mom.

We decided to make a pizza and use Limburger cheese on it. My Grandpa would talk about Limburger and how good it was. My Grandma disagreed. Both were purebred Germans.

We made the pizza. It stunk up the house so bad we were gagging, we opened all the doors and windows to get the stink out..

During this time a rabid bat snuck into the house, hid, and laid in wait to attack me.

Which it did at around 2am.

That's the craziest Limburger story I've heard! I can't even imagine it being warmed up in the oven! I'm gagging just thinking about it! Sorry about the bat, that's horrible. ..but Limburger in the oven is freaking me out!!

Back
Top Bottom