Surviving Minnesota!

The low rotated counter clockwise. Bringing warm moist air up from the south...

The high rotates clockwise bringing the cold air down from the north...

The distance between the high and low is not very much...

that area between them will have a ton of snow and wind...

Warm air can hold more moisture than cold.. when the warm moist air is filled rapidly we get dumped on..

Adding.. the high will be pushed down by the prevailing westerlies. The low cannot travel southeast because of the lows below it.. which are pushing it north west into the high...

Then if you look above this system you see another one with an even narrower trough.

which means we will have another one in 5-7 days..I think

Did that help?

Morning...

Went to Princeton for old guy coffee.

We really got and are being dumped on.

It’s a lot fluffier than last snow, so it’s easier to plow, but this could drift.

I am just guessing but I think we have close to 8 inches.

No sense opening the doors for the birds. They will refuse to come outside for a couple days now.

Morning...

Went to Princeton for old guy coffee.

We really got and are being dumped on.

It’s a lot fluffier than last snow, so it’s easier to plow, but this could drift.

I am just guessing but I think we have close to 8 inches.

No sense opening the doors for the birds. They will refuse to come outside for a couple days now.
My turkeys sleep outside on their roosts in all kinds of weather. They have no problems plowing through deep snow. The chickens have no problems going wherever the turkeys go.

The first snow for the guineas was traumatic. They would not let that white stuff touch their dainty feet. Now that they have seen snow for years, it only slows them down a little. Howling wind is more likely to keep them in their coop than snow is.

Back
Top Bottom