Surviving Minnesota!

Morning...

Went to Princeton for old guy coffee.

We really got and are being dumped on.

It’s a lot fluffier than last snow, so it’s easier to plow, but this could drift.

I am just guessing but I think we have close to 8 inches.

No sense opening the doors for the birds. They will refuse to come outside for a couple days now.

Same here at least 7 of fluffy snow. I won't be stopping by this week if you don't want eggs. Summer would be different.

Same here at least 7 of fluffy snow. I won't be stopping by this week if you don't want eggs. Summer would be different.

Makes sense to me.

My young prima donas walked the 4 ft from their “coop” to their feed shack!!

Of course, this was only after the WW shoveled them a path. She also shoveled them a path to the door of their run..

All this shoveling was done inside their covered run. I refuse to shovel a path for them. If they are too stupid to go from one shack ( their coop) to another 4 ft away to eat. They can die of starvation...

Makes sense to me.

My young prima donas walked the 4 ft from their “coop” to their feed shack!!

Of course, this was only after the WW shoveled them a path. She also shoveled them a path to the door of their run..

All this shoveling was done inside their covered run. I refuse to shovel a path for them. If they are too stupid to go from one shack ( their coop) to another 4 ft away to eat. They can die of starvation...
Your WW is a saint, as always.

We currently have approx. 8 inches of new snow here. the chickens will not path range today, as their path will not be cleared until late.
This looks to be a long hard winter if it continues as they have forecast.
7 wild turkeys in the crab tree last evening. I am surprised how those things have multiplied in this area. We will see how many survive this winter, but they are in evidence North of me in the Sax Zim Bog so it's anyone's guess ?

Back
Top Bottom