Surviving Minnesota!

just for the record. I didn't choose to live in northern wisc. my crazy ancestors moved up here from the south. I just was too stupid to move south.
this winter is actually not the coldest we have seen. except for about a week, the weather has been tolerable.
of course, I got rid of ALL animals and birds. all we have are wild cottontails and a few squirrels. an occasional bear or raccoon or wolf might show up.
this winter I arrainged for the neighbor to come plow our snow. It is sure nice to sit in the warm house and listen to his tractor out there..
my tractor is sitting contentedly in his lean to. waiting for temps above 5oF ..

True enough. But I have also lived on the East Coast where people complain about hurricanes, and in California where people complain about fires and earthquakes. I have chosen to live in northern Minnesota, but I don't give up my rights to complain about the extreme cold artic blasts that we get once or twice a winter.

:D Anyways, we made it through the worse bit of this cold weather spell. Tomorrow will see a high of +1F! We expect to see a high of almost +20F this coming weekend.

:old I am feeling my age, however. I have to tote my daily chicken feed out to the backyard to feed the girls. The last couple of days my lungs were burning as I breathed in that -30F wind chill air. I can't handle being outside for very long in those temps anymore before I get a chest cold. Fortunately, it only takes me about 5-10 minutes to make the round trip to the coop and back.

You take the good with the bad. The past few extremely cold days I have been eating lots of fresh eggs. I don't get many eggs in winter, but the past few days they all have been frozen solid and cracked. Dear Wife and I have been eating lots of scrambled eggs, egg-ham-and-cheese breakfast sandwiches, and baking stuff with all those cracked eggs.
Very true.. pick your poison i recon. We like a variety here in the midwest. We are either freezing, scalding, drowning or nader watching. No earthquakes in my lifetime but anything can happen.
We say in Missouri..
If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes.

Screenshot_20240116-090245.png

Back
Top Bottom