Surviving Minnesota!

I am going to resist all these cow pictures!   No matter how many you show, I will not get a cow.

Just wait! If/when you test my birdies u will need to look at them and after that u will fall in love with them!

Wait r u anti cow? Or just anti duck and dont have the spot for a cow?

ETA or is it the WWD? Is she anti cow?

Last edited:
Just wait! If/when you test my birdies u will need to look at them and after that u will fall in love with them!

Wait r u anti cow? Or just anti duck and dont have the spot for a cow?

ETA or is it the WWD? Is she anti cow?

No, just the opposite, I am pro cow. Some of my best friends growing up were cows. My other best friends were pigs. Living out here, which might look almost suburban to you was the sticks when I was a kid. Our closest neighbor was over a mile away. My largest class in Elementary school was 11.

The closest kids were 2 miles away. But I had a whole barn full of cows and a pig yard full of pigs to chose friends from. I would like to have them, but at my age it makes no sense. I can go to Togo for a couple days and the chickens and turkeys do fine. A cow or pig would not.

and if the WWD sees a cow, it reminds her of her sisters and she gets homesick. So no cows for us, for now.

No, just the opposite, I am pro cow. Some of my best friends growing up were cows.   My other best friends were pigs.   Living out here, which might look almost suburban to you was the sticks when I was a kid. Our closest neighbor was over a mile away.  My largest class in Elementary school was 11.

The closest kids were 2 miles away. But I had a whole barn full of cows and a pig yard full of pigs to chose friends from.  I would like to have them, but at my age it makes no sense.   I can go to Togo  for a couple days and the chickens and turkeys do fine. A cow or pig would not.

and if the WWD sees a cow, it reminds her of her sisters and she gets homesick. So no cows for us, for now.

Ooh makes sense now!! They are time consuming. Especially milk cows!

Lady and her cute little baby. She gave 1 gallon of milk yesterday from 1 quarter so we only took half a gallon from her other quarter. And little baby gets hind quarters! All in all we got 1½ gallons!

Oh the calf is so cute!! Dakota(the cow I got last night) is supposed to calve on May 3. She also has general select so there's a 90% chance for a heifer calf

Oh the calf is so cute!! Dakota(the cow I got last night) is supposed to calve on May 3. She also has general select so there's a 90% chance for a heifer calf

Thanks! Where is the pics of Dakota?!!?

Holm - do you hand milk?

Yep! My Great Grandparents hand milked 12 Holsteins 2 times a day so I figure I should be able to milk 1 Jersey once a day! My Great Grandma was even out milking tye night before she had my great uncle! Lol

Back
Top Bottom