Surviving Minnesota!

Well, I would not have believed it if I didn't see it, driving to work this morning, hit Coon Rapids and it was raining.... raining FCS! What?
idunno.gif
Just in Coon Rapids, no where else, lol bet Coffee is glad she is gone from that neck of the woods! We are suppose to get snowed on today, better snow than rain!

Coffee I almost did that with a few Guineas....

Currently waiting for an update from Ralphie and his eggs... :caf

My Bird of wrath is normally a Turkey that refuses to go into the coop. Last night she decided to take a high speed stroll through the woods with me in tow, before going in the coop. One of these days I am going to do the Coffee and grab a gun and end the nightly ritual of hers.

I have fuzzy Butts. I shut the lights off in the basement to hopefully slow the hatch. I only had one hatch over night. I have 4 fuzzy butts now. 2 real fuzzy SS (Roosters I hope) and 2 not so fuzzy Dominiques. I think they might be roosters, as they both have the bright yellow spot on their heads. This is the one time of the year I want roosters..

Last edited:
My Bird of wrath is normally a Turkey that refuses to go into the coop. Last night she decided to take a high speed stroll through the woods with me in tow, before going in the coop. One of these days I am going to do the Coffee and grab a gun and end the nightly ritual of hers. I have fuzzy Butts. I shut the lights off in the basement to hopefully slow the hatch. I only had one hatch over night. I have 4 fuzzy butts now. 2 real fuzzy SS (Roosters I hope) and 2 not so fuzzy Dominiques. I think they might be roosters, as they both have the bright yellow spot on their heads. This is the one time of the year I want roosters..
That's awesome Ralphie! Hopefully they are all roosters! I can't believe I'm saying that lol!

Morning all! Quite a bit of fun reading to catch up on. Congrats on the hatching Ralphie

We spent the evening in Rochester last night visiting our close friend hay had their first baby. 6 weeks early, but healthy. He is in the nicu for a few weeks. So tiny and cute. And HAIRY! I didn't realize babies had so much body hair in the womb that usually sloughs off before birth. 4 lbs 5 oz. I had a laugh because I was 8lbs 11oz at birth, twice the size! My mom says 3/4 of that was my big head :)

Driving home last night was a treat. Just barely slick roads and idiots who don't realize they are a hazard to everyone else.

Keep those fuzzy chick pics coming!!

We've got about 2 inches of new snow. We're supposed to get more tonight but but to much. It was pretty windy last night so the roads are full of snow since the ditches were full

Congrats on baby Chicks Ralphie. How fun.

It is snowing cats and dogs out there 2-3 inches for us by noon. Two basketball games tonight for both boys and girls. DH and I will have bleacher butt. We did invest in those bleacher chairs. When we remember to bring them in....they are pretty nice.
Kids dressed up for their games today. They are C Team and JV but they are taking a page out of the varsity's book and dressing up. Looked spiffy they did this morning. They are a sharp group.

I made some coffee soap last night. And I ran out of yarn to finish my last sock for the pair I did over the weekend. Will have to wait for a Brainerd run to get the project done. Also finished up a wool cowl or infinity scarf. It has a basket weave pattern and I already love it.

Ran down to the coop this morning....it is so nice not to be smacked in the face with 20 below...and to let the chickens out to the run to stretch their legs. Junior looks like H-E-double hockey sticks...but he's eating, crowing and has a full crop when he roosts at night. I remember Roger didn't crow for a week or so when he went through his Wattle Freeze- Dubbing.

I'm in awe of the amount of feed and how fast the poop bag is filling up this winter. $$$$ cha-ching....another reason for a Brainerd run....Feed! and bedding.

On the way back up the hill Sadie came back with a frozen sunfish head that I had to buffalo her out of so she wouldn't bring it in the house. Then it becomes a play "catch me if you can"--which I can't. Total PITA. Oh I love the after the weekend buffet my dog partakes in.
roll.png

Good to see our friend Coffee back on the thread.

Last edited:
Fluffy Butts :) Congrads Ralphie,, is it that time of the year already??? Guess I should just give you a blank check this year... lol .. don't forget about my turkeys ,,, And yep Glad to be out of Anoka... and I'm glad to be back on BYC :) I can't wait till spring but with spring I know there is going to be a lot of work around here , this last summer kinda wore me out.

Back
Top Bottom