Surviving Minnesota!

Morning . Hey BC I see you have -31 . Beat the old record . Stay warm . We had ice storm yesterday morning . Not real bad but made walking risky when doing chores .

morning all! took me a bit to catch up!

I have a new supervisor at work and he made it clear that he is not a lax about phone usage at work as my last supervisor. this is fair, but means less daytime BYC reading. My last supervisor trusted us to not let it intrude on our work and i thought I did pretty well about it. when programming there are often little periods of down time while code compiles, or runs, or data loads into the database and such that were just right for peeking in on here.

So, that means more reading in the evenings (on days off like today)

fortunately it is only about -5 here -11 windchill. I have the truck running to thaw out and will be making an errands run until it warms up. Then i can finally hook my new plow up to the truck and test that out and maybe get in a snowmobile ride if it feels decent out

have a good day all!

Good morning all. A sleep in for the kids today yes. -31 Jerry! Are you ready to pack your bags and move to Gods country? Hahaha. I guess I'll take it before ice though. Eek.our roads here still need to be cleared from Mondays rain. Hard for salt to work when it's 20-30 below though.

I better get rolling here. Get kids up and get the water down to chickens. Excited to see the temp inside the coop with my igloo efforts.

I forgot to mention the big event of yesterday...

I got 2, count them 2 eggs from my white legbars!!

However, one was frozen and split open.. I doubt the other will hatch, but I have not gotten an egg from my my birds I know give me whites this year.

I am sure some of my others are whites too, if they can hatch.

I had a guy get ahold of me wanting PC chicks. Good luck with that. I need some first and MnChickmom's daughter gets the next ones. I might even give her the first ones. I like them but I really like watching her with chickens.

She is like a 90 year old cat woman, except she is a teen with chickens..

Wow, -31 is horrifying! I can't even image.
BC, why can't you have turkeys? They are easier on my garden than the chickens. I love working in the gardens with them. They are more interested in my garden tools than my plants. Yesterday I got my wheel barrow out & was tossing weeds into it to haul to the compost pile. The turkeys roosted on the handles & beaked through the weeds for anything to their liking. You'd enjoy gardening with them! :D

She could have a pair of turkeys, it would be like having a pair of outside dogs, except they stay home and don't chase deer,,,
gig.gif

Good morning! It's a little cold out today... But it's on a get up to 40 ABOVE this weekend! And it's gonna rain here...

By Jerry staying in the tropics of Illinois he is missing out on the most productive fishing time in Minnesota. This must be difficult for him, as it seems he truly does like to fish and to eat them ?

BC, the Guineas do take some getting used to. I have found that the noise is tolerable in light of the advantages of tick removal and alarm system they provide. Although mine were known to go down to the road, they were smart enough to avoid vehicles. The passersby would often stop to ponder what type of bird is this flock anyway ? City slickers, there is no accounting for their lack of common knowledge.

It is a bit on the chilly side this morning. I would suggest that there be no run to the coop in your skivvies today BC, or you may suffer some frostbite. The Banana Belt nudists may even put a jacket on before chasing turkeys off the deck today ?

Small hatch Ralphie but this time of year it is to be expected. On the bright side, with the lakes and ponds frozen over there are many fewer ducks and geese around.

Back
Top Bottom