Surviving Minnesota!

I use the Vitamix for tomato sauce, just a powerful blender. Throw the raw toms in and seeds and skins are completely demolished. Pour it in the kettle and cook it down to the desired consistency.
Maybe the Ninja blenders do the same?? Does anyone here have one? have you tried it for tomato sauce?

I should be asleep. But perhaps I'm burning exhaust yet.

Dear Dad came out of surgery the same way he went in. Telling nurses Bad jokes. Lord help us. Lol. 2 tumors removed successfully from the brain. Neurosurgeon had a personality like a bowl of oatmeal but as long as he did a good job I guess I'm good with him. Wait on pathology next but he said they looked like renal cell mets. Poop.
Thanks all for good vibes. Still needing them. Little worried this might have been the easy part.

Jerry that fine cockerel is gone. I think FIL missed locking him in last weekend. I know you liked him.... sorry...
tomorrow I take DD to her job. Then I go learn about resonant light technology.

DS and DH golfing to win us those 3rd base twins tickets again. Go boys!

Nighty night my good chicken people. Xoxo

Last edited:
Yes, I have had enough rain. The last bout had my beets floating for days and days. I really dislike the bog I live in at certain times of the year. Spring snow melt, downpour rains in spring, summer and fall, and mosquito season.

Bogtown- you are doing fantastic! When you feel overwhelmed just stop, take a moment and go for a nice stroll down a country road. Breath deeply. These last couple of years, when we have had our worst trials as of yet, a walk to take in the good ole Minnesota air was the best recharging for me. And recognizing I needed help maybe in ways I would never have thought, but realizing I did AND letting others help. Lets you focus on your dad and your health. Love and hugs to you!!

Thank you everyone for the tomato tips!! Sometimes I feel like placing an ad to have a veteran canner come to my place and show me a thing or two. Just think of the knowledge gained with the experience!

Thanks erli and MNchickmom! Although we have had quite a few rains here it is still very dry. Thankfully the temps are down for the first time this summer, still 75-95, but not in the 100s anymore.
Screenshot_20170827-073940.png

I am also Jerry, I have just been reading for this last week, but have noticed Ralphie's absense. I hope all is ok with him...

I have been on a pretty strict schedule with volleyball and school this last week. I had my first varsity game(s) yesterday at a tournament. The new coach was using this as a trial and error to see who plays best next to who, who plays best in what position, and who is ready to play at this level. I am the only actual middle, there are 3 other kids who play middle and outside as coach is still deciding. This year it seems my kids do not care that I am playing over a lot of Juniors, and the other sophomores in my class. Last year I had some kids who were pretty angry at me.

I found this picture this morning that a mom took yesterday. I am #8 and my cousin is #6, my sister is #4

IMG_20170826_220015_454.jpg

Chicken wise everyone is doing good! The cochins have started to molt, and have lost a lot! All of the layers are doing and laying a lot

Back
Top Bottom